Stupid, stupid, stupid.

dagnammit 12:21 09 Dec 08

Taking about nightshift premiums and I asked "Is it time and a third?" Response was "No, It's more than that, it's time and a quarter".

On a different forum someone asked..... when you buy an 80GB HDD you only get 74GB on it?

The top answer was:

"Because disks are round and not square. If they were square they could fit exact numbers on but they (manufacturers) just average up the number on the round disks."

What daft ones have you heard/read recently?

canarieslover 12:31 09 Dec 08

Well when universities are dropping maths and sciences courses, due to lack of interest in them,what do you expect? At least the second answer recognized that disks were round.

Covergirl 12:33 09 Dec 08

IT Dept : Right click on the screen.
Customer : Just a moment
(after a short delay)
IT Dept : What's happened?
Customer : nothing
IT Dept : what did you do?
Customer : I wrote "Click" on the screen . . . .

dagbladet 12:45 09 Dec 08

"The top answer was:

"Because disks are round and not square. If they were square they could fit exact numbers on but they (manufacturers) just average up the number on the round disks."

What's wrong with that?

dagnammit 12:48 09 Dec 08

Absolutely nothing - it makes perfect sense.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:58 09 Dec 08

Covergirl and dagnammit

sounds like a DBU fault (Brain Dead User) or
ID 10 T failure.

Overheard at a birthday party:

"Oh so you have a twin sister, when is her birthday?"

Mike D 16:12 09 Dec 08

I once asked the price of an item in Poundland; oh the shame and the everlasing embarassment!

donki 16:32 09 Dec 08

I once went out with a girl who asked me, "how many feet are there in a foot??"

She was no longer my girlfriend from that momment on :(.

Starfox 16:52 09 Dec 08

The lady who went mad because the workmen had not put the child-proof covers back into the electric sockets.

All the electricity had leaked out overnight and she would have to pay for it.:0(

simonjary 16:57 09 Dec 08

The person at a supermarket meat counter who - when asked by a customer what cut of beef she was pointing at - asked her supervisor "What part of a cow is a beef?".

lofty29 17:53 09 Dec 08

When I was working in the factory the main drive sprocket on a peice of machinery broke, on explaining this to the production supervisor, that the plant could not run unless we could find a spare he said "well it will just have to run without it".

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…