A strange thing happened to me on ebay...

pj123 19:11 18 Aug 06

On Monday 14th August I won an auction for a brand new Epson R220 printer. I posted the cheque the same day.

The printer arrived yesterday 17th August. I installed it and everything is working perfectly.

I thought that deserved a really good feedback.

When I tried to leave feedback the response was:

"Sorry, you cannot leave feedback as this seller is no longer registered with eBay"

He is listed as a PowerSeller and his feedback to date is 1728.

Perhaps these printers fell off the back of a lorry and having sold them all he has moved on??

eBay gives no explicit reason why anyone is not registered anymore. Just a general explanation.

Les T 19:37 18 Aug 06

It's not the same as your issue, but a while ago i sold an item. The buyer paid almost as soon as the auction ended, i waited until i reckon the item had been delivered; when i tried to leave feedback, i was told i couldn't. The buyer could also not leave feedback for me, we both communicated with each other in regard to this. Ebay couldn't explain it either, when either of us tried to leave feedback, it displayed:- The Auction for this item has ended.
The buyer received his item, i received my payment, both of us perfectly happy; but we couldn't leave positive feedback for each other. WEIRD!!

zincy 19:57 18 Aug 06

I too had the same experience as pj123 and could not leave a leaveback. But after a few weeks the seller was active again? and I was able to leave a feedback...

pj123 17:11 19 Aug 06

Just done a bit more investigation.

Have found another seller, selling exactly the same items from the same location with the same descriptions and postage rates.

I reckon it's the same person with two different eBay ID's and he has decided to close one down.

Ticked.

spuds 14:16 20 Aug 06

eBay will not give reasons for 'no longer a registered member'. All to do with eBay's privacy rules and 'perhaps' the Data Protection Act.

Regarding the title of this thread, many eBay and PayPal users could well say the same thing. My 'A strange thing happened to me on eBay' book comes out, possibly sometime next year :O)

pj123 14:30 20 Aug 06

spuds, sorry, perhaps I should have said "Obviously eBay gives no explicit reason why anyone is not registered anymore". I understand that.

Look forward to seeing your "book" on eBay auction sometime.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

Disney layout supervisor Rob Dressel on the challenges of visualising Moana

Siri vs Google Assistant