Strange Emails, 2 off,

MCE2K5 01:00 11 Feb 09

Right I am Married, Sadly no Children (Long Story).

Just checked my early morning emails, Got 2, Here they are Text Only, 1st one made me chuckle,

The second one had me in fits of laughter, Bearing in mind last wednesday I slipped on some ICE and Broke a Rib, Now I have to take more pain killers

Here they are then,

1. Titled "Testing",

Hi Dad

Just testing my new e-mail account, not very good at this.

Hope tomorrow goes ok for you both, have a safe journey. Also incase you have forgotten my tooth is ok!! See you both soon

love Rhi xx

2. Titled "No Subject",

Well, Im not impressed at being ignored especially when Im trying to show off and be all technical. Not sending anymore messages until I get a reply. You must know Im good at sulking!!

I thought I was your favourite child but obviously NOT!!!

Rhian

Emails now deleted.

I think somebody wont be getting Birthday & Winter Holiday Pressies.

God knows how he managed to send the emails to me, We have totally different Last names.

Si_L 01:17 11 Feb 09

You've lost me completely.

MCE2K5 02:24 11 Feb 09

I'll try to explain, I Have NO Children At All Medically Impossable (Car crash, don't ask).

2 Emails Addressed to Me, 1st one Says "Hi Dad": I aint got any Kids, period.

"Just testing my new e-mail account, not very good at this.": Too right he's not good at this, Wrong Person, Wrong Email Address.

"Hope tomorrow goes ok for you both, have a safe journey.": The only trip i've got tomorrow is the same one I had Last Wednesday, But without the Slip on the ICE, I already have One Broken Rib, I don't want any more, They Hurt Badly.

Second Email, This is the Bit that cracked me up, Hence the Painful Rib,

"Well, Im not impressed at being ignored especially when Im trying to show off and be all technical. Not sending anymore messages until I get a reply. You must know Im good at sulking!!":

Show off, Yes. Technical, Never in a thousand years.

"I thought I was your favourite child but obviously NOT!!!": He might be, To his Father, But not me, As I am Childless.

Till Rhian gets his Fathers Email Address right, I don't think they will ever talktalk Again (Hint).

No reply to the Emails from me, Hence no Pressies.

p.s. Ribs still hurting. ;-) :-) :-(

They do sound as though they are just genuine mistakes and nothing malicious, but I probably wouldn't reply either in case they're just testing whether the e-mail account is active.

I guess you could reply using a different e-mail account if you have, for example, a hotmail account where you're not bothered about receiving spam, but making sure he can't trace it back to your primary e-mail address if it is infact a spammer (i.e. no traces of your real name).

MCE2K5 03:03 11 Feb 09

Cheers [email protected], Never thought about that (Senior Moment), I'll try that Disposable Email Addy Later on this evening.

Thanks for the reply.

David.

crosstrainer 07:53 11 Feb 09

He is a she I think (at least would be here in Wales)

I think the address has been mis-typed...I suppose you could reply politely, but then again...You never know :))

Geronimo. 13:18 11 Feb 09

Well id Google the Email address first & if nothing comes up id be tempted to reply..EVEN at worst you get some SPAM u can block them besides theres BILLIONS of emails they can spam so if they have replied i think its genuine as they are not bothered in the slightest at one single email...& they wouldnt reply besides they are NOT asking for ur details are they.?
On the other hand it sounds like a young person & they could be new to the NET there fore id also be tempted to reply as your not sure on there circumstances...

lotvic 13:29 11 Feb 09

A couple of years ago I had a similar carry-on.
It was a mother and her teenage daughter having a row via email.
Unfortunately for the mother she had miss-typed her daughter's email addy, which just so happened to match mine otherwise. (it was full name@ )

It got so bad in the end I emailed the mother to tell her why her daughter wasn't taking any notice of her.

I then changed my email address.... quickly.

lotvic 13:34 11 Feb 09

I mis-typed misstype or should that be mistyped :)

Marko797 13:35 11 Feb 09

lol, sometimes a 3rd party is needed in disputes, especially if they are a stranger.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5