Up Sticks time......

Seth Haniel 09:26 13 Aug 08

Cities in northern England such as Liverpool, Sunderland and Bradford are "beyond revival" and residents should move south, a think tank has argued.
click here

Pine Man 09:28 13 Aug 08

....and bring their record levels of crime and unemployment as well I suppose?

Cymro. 09:38 13 Aug 08

I noticed that the Tories were quick enough to distance themselves from this report. Mind you they do say that every political party has a hidden agenda. I wonder if this is a some Tory idea that they would prefer us not to associate with them.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 09:45 13 Aug 08

North south divide?

So where are they proposing to build the wall?

interzone55 09:52 13 Aug 08

And where are the massed hoards of northerners supposed to fit in the massively overcrowded and overpriced south east.

I'll stay where I can afford to live thank you very much...

Clapton is God 09:58 13 Aug 08

A word of advice to those people living in these dying cities of the north.

Please don't move South. Many areas of this part of England are already overcrowded with people and traffic - which brings it own problems.

Housing is also much more expensive, as is the general cost of living, so you'll have to find a job to be able to survive financially.

You really won't like it here (apart from which you'll have to learn a new language). ;-))

And before anybody accuses me of being 'anti-Northern', I'm a Lancastrian by birth but have lived the majority of my life in the South East.

Quickbeam 10:04 13 Aug 08

the best thing that ever happened was to move north when I was 8. When I've had cause to visit the metropolis I always come away thinking my adopted 'northern hell' is a blissfully quite backwater:)

Jim Thing 10:24 13 Aug 08

Northerners should up sticks and move to the south of England? Somebody's 'avin' a larf.

€dstowe 10:35 13 Aug 08

Blimey, two "less than wise" reports in one day.

click here

Less than wise = idiotic and ill thought out.

Seth Haniel 10:37 13 Aug 08

it's a rouse to get all northerners down to the south and this will raise Scotland above the water level.

Seth Haniel 10:48 13 Aug 08

Make that three....

click here

Residents in Greater Manchester have been told they need to clean up the graffiti on their fences or face a large fine.

People living in Hastings Road in Prestwich received letters from Bury Council saying graffiti on the back of their fences was their responsibility.

The letter threatened them with court action and a £1,000 fine.

Some of the residents are elderly and have been deeply distressed by the letters.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…