the star and moon

sunnystaines 19:47 26 Feb 14

last night there was a cresent moon with a star by it like in the turkish flag. what was the star?

i put google sky on but the moon never showed on it.

BRYNIT 20:04 26 Feb 14

This may help CLICK HERE Picture to top right.

namtas 20:05 26 Feb 14

I saw this this morning, I could not sleep and was up at 5am, the moon had just risen above the horizon. I didn't quite know what to make of it and first as the sky in the east was very light with a reddish tinge and these two super bright light were partly hidden by tree. It was rising pretty fast and I then saw that is was a crescent moon but the star just slightly above and the the right was so bright it was amazing. I went to get Binoculars and when I can back 5 minutes later cloud had completely covered everything, it really was unusual and it would be interesting to know what the star was

wee eddie 22:17 26 Feb 14

I think that it's a satellite

BRYNIT 22:30 26 Feb 14

From my previous link and further photo's CLICK HERE the star was Venus

sunnystaines 03:48 27 Feb 14

brynit spot on that was it. thanks evryone for replies.

Namtas same here too.

Forum Editor 13:34 27 Feb 14

Had you been looking at the moon last September you might have seen another bright light as half a tonne of meteorite impacted at 38,000 miles an hour.

Aitchbee 20:01 04 Mar 14

Tonight's visible crescent [of the moon] now appears on the RHS of it's edge. How come?

Haggard 13:52 05 Mar 14

Aitchbee

The moon moves through the Earth's shadow.

This oversimplified explanation is better than anything I can do. click here

Aitchbee 14:21 05 Mar 14

Cheers, Haggard. I do miss Patrick Moore ... he was a pure 'lunatic' and always 'spot on' when explaining anything about the Moon!

PS. I hope John Culshaw [the impersonator] steps into his shoes on 'Sky at Night' ;o]

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…