A star is born?

Forum Editor 23:10 09 Jun 07

My wife called me to watch the Simon Cowell talent show this evening, and I saw someone sing Nessun dorma. He was astonishing, and I realised that we have a real talent in our midst.

Congratulations, pavvi, and best wishes for the future rounds. You deserve to succeed.

anthonystorey 23:18 09 Jun 07

he was fantastic ,he is wasted working for that mobile phone company

TopCat® 23:27 09 Jun 07

but I must also repeat it here.

'Absolutely magnificent and powerful voice, pavvi.

I'm at a loss to know why it wasn't discovered much earlier. I'm also sure you'll make it through all stages of the contest! TC.'

Forum Editor 23:27 09 Jun 07

had a tear in her eye - always a good sign. My wife is a passionate opera fan, what she spends at Covent garden would keep a small country afloat, and she said pavvi was extraordinary.

Sapins 08:16 10 Jun 07

In case you missed it the programme is repeated tonight on ITV at 8-30pm.

Guardianangel 08:28 10 Jun 07

Brought a tear to my eye too. Wonderful.

Monoux 09:07 10 Jun 07

Very well done Pavvi-- absolutely brilliant - I'm not an opera fan but recognise talent when I see it ( or in this case hear it ) . Give up the day job-- I’m sure you will prosper. Encore ?

Stuartli 09:27 10 Jun 07

>>In case you missed it the programme is repeated tonight on ITV at 8-30pm.>>

Unfortunately this is not correct - the show is being aired over nine consecutive nights concluding with the grand final and tonight's programme is the second show of the series.

The follow up programme on ITV2 last night also unearthed one or two gems talent wise, plus the usual bunch of self deluding contestants...:-)

Agree with the view on last night's singer - to stun Simon Cowell into rapt admiration (clearly he was initially going on appearance) takes some doing...:-)

Stuartli 09:28 10 Jun 07

Will Pavvi be the TalkTalk of the town?

Monoux 10:00 10 Jun 07

Did anyone record the show -- well at least *our* pavvi bit and could put it on Youtube or flixxy so we can all relive his *birth* ?

Confab 11:11 10 Jun 07

Went to bed a 7 O'Clock last night with a migrane so Mrs Confab DVD'd it for me. Watched it this morning and he was very very good.

Confab

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…