stanstead could have been worse

sunnystaines 13:54 09 Dec 08

instead of students out on a jolly. it could have been a coach load of fanatics doing a bombay style assault with guns and explosives. I hope this was a wake up call for airport security.

newman35 13:58 09 Dec 08

But this was just an incursion onto runway, wasn't it?
Not into the terminal, shooting etc,- in the event I'm sure local police/forces would have been deployed?

sunnystaines 14:01 09 Dec 08

if they had access to taxi way apron, then they could have access to the planes even if they were empty. a plane on fire costs a lot to replace and gets in the world media.

newman35 14:06 09 Dec 08

But nothing like as drastic as the killings you compared it to in Bombay.
Would these 'martyrs really just want to blow up an empty plane or two in 'open space' before being caught? I think not. And I suspect the 'world media' would not be that excited, as well.

sunnystaines 14:09 09 Dec 08

newman35

not sure that is why i posted to get other views in case it is just me.

Seth Haniel 15:07 09 Dec 08

Should have all been held in custody till the New year and their trial...
Ruin their Christmas like they have all the travellers affected.

sunnystaines 15:15 09 Dec 08

Seth Haniel

I agree on that one.

ulrich 18:04 09 Dec 08

The health and Safety goodies should praise them for their use of safety jackets.

lofty29 19:45 09 Dec 08

I would have thought that calling out the airport fire service and giving them a good sousing with freezing cold water would have been very effective, at least it would have solved "their" global warming problem. On a more serious note if anyone, including terrorists really want to get into a place they will.

peter99co 19:51 09 Dec 08

It is probably against their Human Rights to get a spray of cold water from the fire trucks.

sunnystaines 20:37 09 Dec 08

after the water cannon, a bit of cs gas to play havoc with wet skin.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

What I learned from my mentor, Oscar-winning VFX supervisor Phil Tippett

Siri vs Google Assistant