standardised employment contract changes

fernandez 23:59 23 Jan 07

I've got a problem whereby my employer is revising and standardising everyones contracts so they all fall in line but to everyones disadvantage. Company pension contributions are to be stopped completely, company sick pay to be stopped and replaced by SSP and everyones holiday year starting from 1.Jan. It is justified as economic circumstance .Those with pensions are given the option to continue paying what was the employers contribution themselves or having it stopped but adding this to their salary. However, this will then be deducted from any pay review increase. In other words your pay is being cut no matter how this is dressed up.
I have read various guides and the right to object but ultimately it seems you can have your contract terminated if you cant agree and have to take your chances with a tribunal.

Can they still do this and if a trade union rep was used which is the best to join for a small company and office based staff? Any ideas appreciated.

Kate B 00:19 24 Jan 07

What sector is the business? I suggest, though, that your best bet is the CAB and Acas - unions are great but you can find them unsurprisingly slightly reluctant to lavish time and resources on crisis joiners.

smokingbeagle 15:10 24 Jan 07

The DTi website may offer some interesting reading. I suspect that you've left it a bit too late to get a TU recognised by your employer. Your best option maybe to read-up the various publications from the DTi and then the Law Centre or CAB.

smokingbeagle 15:12 24 Jan 07

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5