St Georges Day

Graham. 17:16 20 Apr 07

Advance notice that it's on Monday click here

IClaudio 18:31 20 Apr 07

As a Friend of St George's Chapel, I shall be at the ceremony in Windsor, along with Her Maj.

Let me know if you would like me to ask for any special favours from the Royal Greatness ;)

Graham. 19:26 20 Apr 07

A couple of hundred quid towards the vets bill for my cats operation on Tuesday, please.

Bingalau 19:46 20 Apr 07

The same day is also known throughout the Royal Navy and Royal Marines as Zeebrugge Day. To commemorate the battle of Zeebrugge during the first World War. It is especially commemorated on Merseyside as a tribute to the two Mersey ferries Royal Daffodil and Royal Iris, which played a vital part in the success of the raid. So it would be nice to see more people wearing the red rose on both the Sunday when the services are held as the nearest Sunday, and also of course on the Monday, St. George's Day itself.

tammer 20:25 20 Apr 07

..but all the best on Monday to all you English folk out there.

Tammer (Scottish)

hzhzhzhz 20:29 20 Apr 07

better celebrate it while England is still on the map.

laurie53 23:15 20 Apr 07

It's sad that some English people need to be reminded of their Saint's day.

Can you imagine any Irish person needing to be reminded when it's Pat's day?

Laurie

Brumas 23:39 20 Apr 07

I can never forget - it is my sister's birthday!!

Ranger 08:36 21 Apr 07

Yes, it's actually quite amazing the way the Irish have managed to get St Pats day a worldwide audience,you would think that The Scots and English Saints would have just as big a celebration with the amount of emigration from both these countries, but they are very low key compared to St Pats, christ,even in Scotland (I can't speak of what happens in England) St Pats day seems to be celebrated more than St Andrews day

Ranger 08:37 21 Apr 07

forgot to add

Happy St Georges day to all of you south of the border, go on, make a day of it

smokingbeagle 10:37 21 Apr 07

St. George for England,
St. Pancras for Europe.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…