Squirrels save lives,

wolfie3000 20:23 08 Jun 07

Little bit of fun to start off the weekend. :D

click here

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:51 08 Jun 07

Of course they do!

Some of us are old enough to remember the Tufty Club.

click here

Bingalau 21:47 08 Jun 07

We still have some red squirrels up here in the Formby area. They roam freely more or less anywhere and the locals have great respect for them.

spuds 23:38 08 Jun 07

We have grey squirrels visiting on a daily basis, but today they have caused an upset. Broken open some of the bird feeders, and we think the dog's watched them do the damage :O(

wolfie3000, the link wouldn't open !.

laurie53 07:02 09 Jun 07

I take it you mean Grey American Tree Rats, to give them their proper name?

Like any other rat, they are disease carrying vermin.

Jackcoms 07:31 09 Jun 07

"I take it you mean Grey American Tree Rats, to give them their proper name?"

No, he means the Grey Squirrel or Eastern Gray Squirrel as it's known in its native North America.

They were introduced into the UK around the turn of the 20th century click here

€dstowe 07:53 09 Jun 07

Lot of squirrels near me - grey ones.

My dog seems to enjoy chasing them but he hasn't quite worked out that dogs can't climb trees. He manages to get about a foot from the ground and then collapses in a heap.

DrScott 08:52 09 Jun 07

thanks wolfie!

VNAM75 09:35 09 Jun 07

wolfie3000, what program do you use to play the video?

Forum Editor 10:19 09 Jun 07

is actually a Chipmunk (almost certainly an Eastern Chipmunk), and is part of the ground-squirrel family. Chipmunks do climb trees, but they aren't that good at it, and prefer to live on the ground.

spuds 11:05 09 Jun 07

I assume the squirrel's that make a daily visit to my abode are British Greys, after all they were born here in the UK ;o)

I don't know if its possible, but I have noticed a little bit of red in the colouring!!.

Regarding the FE's comment about Chipmunks climbing trees. A friend use to breed and keep these critters amongst other things, and on one occasion, one decided (on handling) to bite my hand and do an hasty super fast retreat up a nearby tree. I wish I could move as fast as that did on that day. Yes we did catch it finally, after over an hour of frenzied activity :O(

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…