Sport relief, raises a masssive amount for charity

xclr8r 01:53 15 Mar 08

Right here goes, I think it's a shocking amount to be given to charity, on the back of a budget by a so called "robbing Labour party".
So come on what's the views on here? me personally, I think any person that gives their hard earned cash to this, is a bit of a fool. The government,give a large part of the budget cash to these causes, then get the state broadcaster to co-erce us to whey in some more. |
I firmly believe this will cause a massive reaction in this forum, so if you disagree with my views, could you furnish me with what the French, Germans, Italians, Spanish and Portugese give to charity on a par with us, and if you thi nk their tax laws are on a par with ours.

laurie53 08:15 15 Mar 08

If you don't agree with it, don't donate.

I don't.

DANZIG 08:19 15 Mar 08

Gotta agree, its purely voluntary so whats the problem?

wiz-king 08:19 15 Mar 08

The 'relief' is I didn't watch any of it. - It's called choice.

Clapton is God 13:56 15 Mar 08

"I think any person that gives their hard earned cash to this, is a bit of a fool"

You're entitled to your opinion in the same way that people are entitled to give to charity.

It's called democracy.

If you don't like it, the exit door is always open

spuds 22:02 15 Mar 08

I wonder how much it cost to wreck a garden,and an host of other things, like the Top Gear team did in last nights show. Perhaps that money and/or services could have been put to better use!.

interzone55 22:16 15 Mar 08

I don't see what the problem is...

If you don't want to give to a charity don't, no-one from the BBC came round to your house & demanded a donation did they.

The BBC uses money from it's charitable fund to pay for this program, which in turn raised the best part of £20m for sports funds world wide, I'd say that's pretty good going really

spikeychris 22:35 15 Mar 08

'I think it's a shocking amount to be given to charity, on the back of a budget by a so called "robbing Labour party".
So come on what's the views on here?'

Well, to view is to see and I see an imbecile.

xclr8r 00:01 16 Mar 08

Spikeychris,

don't be insulting, it's the mark of someone who can't "view" their opinion in an intelligent manner.

Jak_1 00:26 16 Mar 08

"Spikeychris,

don't be insulting, it's the mark of someone who can't "view" their opinion in an intelligent manner."

"So come on what's the views on here? me personally, I think any person that gives their hard earned cash to this, is a bit of a fool. The government,give a large part of the budget cash to these causes, then get the state broadcaster to co-erce us to whey in some more."

Pot kettle, kettle pot!

lisa02 00:41 16 Mar 08

Well I think you all are neither but the initial post does seem to be OTT.

alan14 "If you don't want to give to a charity don't, no-one from the BBC came round to your house & demanded a donation did they."

They don't need to come round as they have a presence in your living room and any other room that has a TV but of course you don't have to watch or donate.

I did not watch or donate.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…