Spiders, how to get rid of them?

rickf 17:45 08 Jul 14
Answered

I hate having to do this but it's getting out of hand. My loft is infested with them and now its spreading to the rest of the house. I would rather be able to manage their numbers than kill them if possible. Its the cobwebs everywhere that I find difficult to put up with. Any suggestions welcome.

spuds 18:11 08 Jul 14

Perhaps not the answer, but if you have a large number, then there must be a good food source?.

sunnystaines 18:43 08 Jul 14

the electric deterent mention in the ant thread perhaps

Mr Mistoffelees 19:46 08 Jul 14

Semtex again?

Aitchbee 20:09 08 Jul 14

For starters, a vacuum-cleaner with a long extension tube to reach into the corners [every coupla' months] should womp some of 'em suckers.

bumpkin 20:51 08 Jul 14

Mr M. Not suitable for indoor use.

bumpkin 21:09 08 Jul 14

You may have to fumigate the loft if it is that bad. The sooner you act the better.

rickf 15:19 09 Jul 14

I did it with a hoover last year to clear the cobwebs? What happened was the cobwebs damaged the motor totally. Had to get a new one and don't want to risk it again. Thinking about using a spray from the DIY store to try.

spuds 16:03 09 Jul 14
Answer

Do what they do around my neck of the woods, and cultivate cannabis plants in the loft. The heat will keep the cobwebs down, but might increase the size of the spiders, which can be sold to the local take-away or exotic foods store ;o).

sunnystaines 19:30 10 Jul 14

a few tips

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…