the speedhump that does not damage ther car

sunny staines 12:39 29 Jun 08

click here

we need these in the uk

spuds 12:56 29 Jun 08

The council's might object, loss of government grants and safety initiatives perhaps!.

Then we have the twockers who will lose their high speed enjoyment.Cannot have that, their human rights to consider!.

Quickbeam 12:58 29 Jun 08

But it'll only work for a week or two...

Chegs ®™ 13:41 29 Jun 08

3D bumps are a pointless waste of effort.A high proportion of those caught speeding through our villages & towns are residents of same,these fake bumps would rapidly be discovered and driven over as if the road was clear.

€dstowe 13:51 29 Jun 08

The idea would be to replace the illusion bumps with real ones as soon as they have been sufficiently discovered. The real bumps could be financed by the extra profits of the car repairers.

mrwoowoo 16:34 29 Jun 08

I always thought a speedhump was the strop my wife got into if i drove too fast.

MAT ALAN 17:06 29 Jun 08

click here

i prefer this one, "sorted"

sunny staines 19:19 29 Jun 08

even better

sconedd 00:33 30 Jun 08

I saw one a few weeks ago that looked like a big hole in the road, I don't know how long it lasted before they sussed it out.

spuds 10:07 30 Jun 08

One of our local villages came up with the idea of a roadside facsimile 'model policeman with speed camera', as a reducer of speeding vehicles through the village. The council and the police were 'officially' not impressed, due to safety issues (vehicles braking suddenly). Unofficially though!.

One good point, it did work, and it led to other things. The police and council then 'deputised' some of the residents to act as observers, on a regular basis. They were given a hand-held speed camera, appropriate instructions plus other equipment. Any vehicles clocked breaking the speed limit was reported to the police for further action. That scheme was a success, and the police and council have now expanded the scheme to other areas.

Cymro. 11:55 30 Jun 08

There are half a dozen speed humps on the estate where I live. Within a year of them being installed they all had to be re fitted as there was so many complaints about them being too high.

Not only did motorists complain but so did residents who found them too noisy as cars travelled over them. The new speed humps are not as high and so everyone is pleased, well as far as everyone can ever be pleased.

But it goes to show that if enough people do complain then sometimes, just sometimes something will be done about a problem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac