Speed Ferries

Noldi 16:18 09 Nov 08

Not very well published but could affect a lot of people.

"6.11.08 shortly after 17:00 UK time, the Port authorities of Boulogne arrested Speed Ferries’ Speed One during its turnaround. The arrest was made on the basis of Speed Ferries Limited’s debts to the port in relation to port dues and taxes".

I know several people that had booked to go away this winter; I think you need to keep an eye on this one if you have booked. They have not gone out of business yet so you should still be OK.

Noldi

Forum Editor 16:33 09 Nov 08

to the Boulogne Port Authority - this has been known for some time. The Speed Ferries version of the story is that the company had arranged a meeting with the authority for this morning, at which the company was to put forward proposals for the resolution of the problem. Speed Ferries says it had a written confirmation from the authority that no action would be taken in advance of the meeting. The arrest of the Speed Ferries vessel took place three days ago.

Speed Ferries is in dispute with the authority over several matters of which this is one. A French Ferry company is planning to start a Boulogne to Dover ferry service from the same port, and I suspect that this is not entirely unconnected with the current situation.

Noldi 17:57 10 Nov 08

FE
"I suspect that this is not entirely unconnected with the current situation".

Totally agree

What I don’t like is peoples Christmas break could be going down the pan and there seems to be no announcement unless you go to the speed ferries Webb site. The work colleges that I know are travelling this route at Christmas are already making other arrangements, the idea of my post was to alert anybody who may have booked and have no idea that this is going on. I suspect this may drag on a while and possibly speed ferries will get out of this but would not bet my Christmas dinner with the family on it.

Noldi

Forum Editor 18:13 10 Nov 08

I very much doubt that Speed Ferries themselves know exactly what is going on, what the eventual outcome will be, or when.

peter99co 21:30 26 Nov 08

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…