Spectrum Classics

pc_sausage 17:10 19 Feb 06

Huge list of old Spectrum favourites

click here

Chaos & Skooldaze are still playable

There is a game coming out this year for PS2 called "Bully" - looks like a Skooldaze take-off

The Ghost of Inept Pig 17:22 19 Feb 06

Nice Find!

I'd previously visited click here to play old Spectrum games, but the site you linked to seems to have a much bigger list of games to play around with.

click here is a similar site, but dedicated to Commodore 64 games.

SG Atlantis® 19:17 19 Feb 06

commodore link, thanks ghost of the inept pig.

I haven't played some of those in over well more than a decade.

wolfie3000 05:30 20 Feb 06

Chuckie egg on the bbc master and also defender got me into games in a big way i still love those games.

wolfie3000 05:33 20 Feb 06

As for Bully it might not see the light of day as rockstar are in legal proceedings about the content and many groups want it banned.

Chegs ®™ 06:38 20 Feb 06

Its just not the same without the tortured squealing of the games loading,having just spent three days tweaking the tape-heads so it would actually load. :-)

SG Atlantis® 09:03 20 Feb 06

Ah yes, how many times did I listen to that for more than an hour (from what I remember) to find it didn't load.

Them were the days.

Saying that I have klax (remember that?) and paperboy on the PC now.

The Ghost of Inept Pig 19:04 20 Feb 06

I suspect Bully will be released, and that this furore will do nothing more than sell more copies to rebellious teens - bad press is nothing new to Rockstar, just look at the history of Grand Theft Auto and all the things that gets blamed for.

I too have memories of long load times, which would get so near to completion and then produce a dreaded 'Read Error' - and having to (on some games at least) stop the tape once the game had loaded, so you could load the rest when prompted at some point later on (see also: tapes that had more than one game on them, I remember Codemasters used to do Quattro (?) collections, with two games on each side)

Great days!

But then... Was that to do with the games, or because I had so much more time to play with them?

BigRik 13:14 21 Feb 06

I've just been playing The Great Giana Sisters for the C64 in that link The Ghost of Inept Pig posted. Thanks for that. I used to spend HOURS playing that game.

If I remember correctly, that game was later taken off the shelves due to the makers of the Mario Bros. threatening legal action.

Mad Gilbert 13:54 22 Feb 06

Another site with a lot of Spectrum stuff is click here

Still can't faind a decent version of frogger though.

Coff 00:01 25 Feb 06

Commodore 64 emulator (freeware stand alone program - don't be put off by the name) click here

Games to download click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…