Spartans wanted, is this possible?

wolfie3000 23:37 29 Oct 07

I got to talking with a fellow Halo player and we came up with the idea of recreating the battle scene from the film 300,

The idea is simple in that we would get 300 spartan players on Halo and a 1000 other players (Persians) to fight against,

Now the tricky part, is it possible? and if so how do i recruit 1300 Halo players?

Or is this just wishful thinking?

If 1300 players cant fit into one server is there a mod to make that possible if not is there a a FPS game that can handle 1300 players online on one server?

crosstrainer 06:40 30 Oct 07

It seems that the game will only support up to 16 players in one game....A far cry from what you want to do! You would need mega bandwidth, and a cray supercomputer to achieve what you want!

Could be a goer if you win the lottery :)

laurie53 08:11 30 Oct 07

Not being a gamer I clicked on this thinking it was a variation of Trojans. :-)

wolfie3000 21:58 03 Nov 07

Still working on this idea, looks like we need to setup a modded server.

crosstrainer 08:58 04 Nov 07

Yes, one heck of a modded server :) Let us know how you get on!

Brumas 09:18 04 Nov 07

I thought it was about Terry's Chocolates ;o)

crosstrainer 09:22 04 Nov 07

Chocolates? Is there one with Spartans in it's name?

Brumas 10:24 04 Nov 07

Terrys of York used to make boxes of Spartan Chocolates - they were plain chocolate and all had hard centres which proved to be extremely popular in our shop at the time. I believe they stopped making them quite a while ago - more's the pity because if I ever eat chocolates I don't much care for the soft centres ;o)

crosstrainer 10:27 04 Nov 07

Something I shall bear I shall bear in mind, given the upcoming "chocolate" season.

Sorry wolfie for hijacking this... :)

Brumas 10:46 04 Nov 07

This is the link to York Museum which has a section all about Terry's. Click on the right-hand forward arrow 4 times and there it is.

click here

Brumas 10:47 04 Nov 07

Correction - 5 times!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

Best Mac antivirus 2017