The soundtrack to your life?

realist 21:35 30 Dec 06

.....what is it?

I suppose it means what's on your mp3 player at the moment.

Mine's Nelly Furtado - Loose

lisa02 21:37 30 Dec 06

Snow Patrol - Eyes Open

hijo 21:37 30 Dec 06

4GIVE ME BUT THE 2 BEST IN MY OPPINION IS DIRTY DANCING & GREESE....ENOUGH SAID....ALTHOUGH VANGELLIS IS BREATHE TALKING....
H
OH DAMN IT I HAD TO POP THIS UN IN LOST BOYS....

Kate B 21:50 30 Dec 06

hijo, turn your caps lock off, please! ;)

Ummm - lots of things. Early 1980s is my student days and I was having a lot of fun living in London until the mid 1980s, so New Romantics etc transport me straight back, misty-eyed, to being about 20 and in love for the first time. I got the 12" of Joy Division's Love Will Tear Us Apart for my 19th birthday and any time I hear that I'm instantly back in that student flat.

I recently compiled a long playlist that goes with a long, complex and occasionally infuriating relationship that still has a lot of unwritten history about it and I play that on long journeys. That's pretty eclectic - it includes Dido, the Goo Goo Dolls, Snow Patrol, Sia, some dance music - and it still gets added to as the relationship has a lot of yet-to-be-written history about it.

But my whole life has been marked by music - my American and Canadian childhood in the 1960s and 1970s, school in England, student days, living in London ... *misty eyed* *feels old

realist 22:06 30 Dec 06

Kate B

I can empathise with your remembering a relationship through the music that accompanied it.
The music of the late 1990's, for example, can cause me exquisite pain when I hear it.
And yet, I am forever assembling long playlists of it!

hijo 22:08 30 Dec 06

i would love to know just ur age as ur previous post made me suggest you 56/60...but ive just looked @ ur post & u got SNOW PATROL on it....WOW i am breathtaken...
H
& iam 34..:-)

Kate B 22:11 30 Dec 06

hijo - just turned 43 ;)

*still likes trance*

PurplePenny 22:17 30 Dec 06

At this very moment: The Nutcracker Suite. Hmm... interesting.... the very first record ever given to me was Nutcracker on one side and Swan Lake on the other!

interzone55 22:18 30 Dec 06

At this very moment I'm listening to John Cooper Clarke (punk poet, bard of salford etc)

As for soundtrack of my life, uuummmm... I would says Smiths, Joy Division / New Order, Durutti Column (ie most of Manchester's output from late 70's to early 90's), but my record collection covers many other bases like Killers, Tangerine Dream, Frank Zappa, a lot of late 60's Stax & Atlantic stuff, it all depends on my mood.

As an example of my varied taste, I was DJing at an alternative night and decided to drop some Betty Boo in the middle of a set mainly containing stuff like nine inch nails. I was almost killed, but was unrepentant, people can be too precious about their music.

I'm 37 if anyone is interested...

Bingalau 22:22 30 Dec 06

Just played "Stille Nacht" by Peter Alexander. Brought back memories of my first Christmas in Germany way back in 1950. ..Bingalau..

wolfie3000 22:24 30 Dec 06

Well on my mp3 player at the moment is two radiohead albums,

Pablo honey and OK computer.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…