Sorry Jamie They're not listening

Apron 05:32 30 Oct 06

Sir went to pick up a neighbour's son after a weekend with the ATC.
"Did you enjoy your weekend"
"Yeah, but the food was crap, I could murder a burger"
We can but try.

dagbladet 08:22 30 Oct 06

Fact is the little fella got off his backside and spent the weekend doing something potentially useful, and while he was there he had to eat the grub served up, let him have a burger.

season8 08:29 30 Oct 06

For youngsters not used to military rations it can come as a bit of a shock when you main meal comes in the shape of a boil in the bag!

But he got out their and i'm sure he enjoyed the weekend. And as dagbladet say's he did go.

Apron 08:53 30 Oct 06

That's just what Sir said,and he's a pacifist. The kid got the burger, have to say he turned down the offer of smoked haddock gratin withus.He seemed pretty tired though, so it must be doing him good.

johndrew 10:22 30 Oct 06

I wonder how he would react to National Service!!!???

Cymro. 11:20 30 Oct 06

It is not very often that kids have to eat something or go without these days. As said the experience will do him good and so he deserves his burger.

jack 11:24 30 Oct 06

As has been said so often an adventurous outing of that kind can do nothing but good[in most cases]
It should be mandatory in some way

Apron 11:58 30 Oct 06

Johndrew
Old (very old)story. My Mother a war widow spent months plotting to keep my brother out of National Service, it ended just before his turn,great relief; then he decided to join the RAF. I've always felt that Mother's cooking drove him to it.

spuds 12:24 30 Oct 06

I wonder if it is true, that one of the fast food chains are considering setting up a franchise in the Namibia Desert!.

Nothing like a nice bit of luxury, en-route ;o(

johndrew 15:58 30 Oct 06

I joined as a regular direct from boarding school just before National Service ended. The food was more plentiful and better than I had at school, so I have some idea of what your "(very old)" story indicates.

Having said that, I have lived on `compo` and have some sympathy with those who find it a bit boring - especially when it is `convenient` to shove everything in a mess tin together for speed in eating!!!!!!

josie mayhem 17:23 30 Oct 06

According to mother-in-law, hubby as a child had a appauling eating habbit, which consisted of he would eat anything as long as it was cereal! and severed with milk hot or cold. She would worry her self sick...

That was until he was 20 and decided to join up the RAF, soon learn't to eat proper food or starve, but there again he must be about the only person who enjoyed compo rations....

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…