Sonic now has Roxio

pj123 15:55 31 Mar 05

Just seen this.

From Adaptec to Roxio now to Sonic.

Will it make it any better?

click here

It's Me 16:01 31 Mar 05

My experience of all things Roxio suggest that it must be for the better. Every piece of their software that I have had the misfortune to try and use, has not. Even good, simple stuff like Photosuite they 'improved' to make it nearly unworkable.

€dstowe 10:42 01 Apr 05

"My experience of all things Roxio suggest that it must be for the better."

Well, my experience of all things Sonic suggest that they deserve each other.

Nothing from Roxio or Sonic has worked satisfactorily for me.

pj123 11:02 01 Apr 05

The only Sonic I have is MyDVD and it works OK for me. My first "burner" came with Adaptec Easy CD Creator which caused all sorts of problems. I took it off and went with Nero and have no problems since.

It's Me 14:50 02 Apr 05

I'd never even heard of Sonic before here. From what you say, it seems that they have attracted each other. OH Deary Me. And I'm still, today, receivihg junk mail from Roxio!

€dstowe 18:01 02 Apr 05

When my DVD creation work became more than home type products could handle, I looked at several pro versions of both hardware and software. The Sonic products were, for me, difficult, very unfriendly and prone to crash. This may, of course be something to do with my setups but, other equipment managed OK so, I put the blame firmly at Sonic's feet.

Joe R 18:55 02 Apr 05

I've got to admit, i still use roxio cd creator 5 jewel case maker, but Nero for all my burning.

Tinseltop 33 09:49 04 Apr 05

On Saturday I got notice of a new upgrade to Roxio Media Centre 7.5 as i've always used Roxio products I decided to Buy £40 off.
After downloading the software 3 times taking a total of 15 hours I still canot get the programme to load as I keep gettinga mesage that it is not a Win32 Application. I phoned Roxio Support after hanging on for eight mnutes I got a support worker who hadn't even heard of the proogramme who waffled for afurther two minutes all at a £1 a minute. I E-mailed Roxio support and received message from Sonic in Canada heres hoping they sort it out

pj123 14:18 04 Apr 05

I think this is old news now, so I will tick.

Tinseltop 33 15:13 04 Apr 05

Had a further message from Sonic telling me to check size of file (It should be 942Mb)if not correct to download yet again Thank God it worked.

MichelleC 14:40 05 Apr 05

When I started video editing 3 years ago I spent months trying to get VideoWave (Roxio) to work. Then I used VideoFactory (Sonic Foundry) and had good support for a rock solid bit of kit. Then Sonic were taken over by Sony, now I assume they've taken over Roxio.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…