Something For the Weekend

STREETWORK 05:56 15 Sep 06

Mad rush for booster seats for the little un...

Convince partner that football is actually more important than a visit to Tescos...

1minute 10:36 15 Sep 06

£500 Fine if you break it!

Cannuck 10:40 15 Sep 06

BBC 24 News just said it is a £30.00 on the spot fine.
I guess they'll nail them as often as they nail mobile phone users, ha ha.

Cannuck

1minute 10:43 15 Sep 06

On GM-TV they said it was £500?

Cannuck 10:52 15 Sep 06

I guess the left don't know what the right is saying.

Like I said, they'll probably pursue it as strongly as mobile phone users

Cannuck

1minute 10:54 15 Sep 06

Seems the Police will not becoming down hard on until for 3 months, a period of grace until they then follow the letter of the law.

Colin 11:26 15 Sep 06

I see that emergency journeys are exempt. Who clarifies that? I'm sure a lot of people remember "Clunk Click, Every Trip" in the early 70's. There were examples of people being involved in serious accidents without wearing a seat belt when they were just driving to the local shops. An accident can happen in a 100 yard drive just as it can in a 100 mile drive. This is where the law falls down. It must apply all the time or not at all.

BRYNIT 12:23 15 Sep 06

To help you understand the requirements. click here

A small section

Where seat belts fitted, correct child restraint MUST be used

MUST use adult belt if the correct child restraint is not available in three scenarios:

1 in a in a licensed taxi or private hire vehicle ;

2 for a short distance for reason of unexpected necessity;

3 two occupied child restraints prevent fitment of a third.

In addition, a child 3 and over may travel unrestrained in the rear seat of a vehicle if seat belts are not available

Legolas 12:47 15 Sep 06

Colin, The law states that unexpected journeys are exempt ie if a parent turns up at school to collect their kid/kids and little Johnnie or Jemma is left without a lift because their parent forgot (or some other reason) to collect them then they can travel in a car without the booster seat because it is an unexpected neccessity. Better than leaving the child stranded I think. Of course this is open to abuse but that is the way of the world methinks.

Colin 11:29 16 Sep 06

Using the same logic, I could pick my son up on a motorbike if I forgot his helmet, if it otherwise meant not being able to bring him home from school. The only point I'm making is that straight away the law is woolly.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…