Someone else appears to be using my address

wee eddie 11:24 22 Jan 14
Answered

Over the past couple of months I have received mail for a person who is unknown tome. However, all the mail is correctly addressed apart for the Addressee's Name.

This includes Finance and Credit Card applications, as well as Holiday Brochures and other junk mail.

Do you think that I should report it and if so, to whome?

wee eddie 11:25 22 Jan 14

I get the feeling that someone is trying to set up a false identity, using my address as their bogus home.

iscanut2 11:34 22 Jan 14

You need to contact the senders of the mail and tell them what is going on.

bumpkin 11:37 22 Jan 14

Could just be the wrong name on a mailing list. Are the credit card applications the normal junk mail or specific to the addressee.

wee eddie 11:39 22 Jan 14

bumpkin: Specific to the addressee

Quickbeam 11:40 22 Jan 14

It could be spam, and by replying you would only be confirming that the address is active. If it's genuine, I would expect it to have details of what to do if you're not the intended recipient.

Quickbeam 11:41 22 Jan 14

...and it can probably be stopped by briefly unplugging the refrigerator from the mains for a hard reset.

Mr Mistoffelees 12:08 22 Jan 14

"I get the feeling that someone is trying to set up a false identity, using my address as their bogus home."

I suggest a word with your local police.

bumpkin 12:16 22 Jan 14

**..and it can probably be stopped by briefly unplugging the refrigerator from the mains. **

What and stand it behind the letterbox do you mean.

Ex plorer 12:49 22 Jan 14

Could it be a former occupant, How long have you lived at that address.

Ex plorer 12:49 22 Jan 14

Could it be a former occupant, How long have you lived at that address.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…