This is some really stunning action

ams4127 20:29 PM 05 Jun 12
  ams4127 20:30 PM 05 Jun 12

Sorry, forgot to say that I got the link from another forum and thought I would pass it on.

Forum Editor 23:20 PM 05 Jun 12

Stunning as the action is, the precision eyesight deserves a mention. Being able to fly over rippling water at a considerable height, and spot a camouflaged fish some way beneath the surface is quite something.

Chegs ®™ 02:34 AM 06 Jun 12

That last fish made me chuckle as at one point it looks like the bird is surfing on a "skyboard" :)

zzzz999 06:28 AM 06 Jun 12

That is amazing, I didn't appreciate how deep the osprey was prepared to dive

Quickbeam 08:32 AM 06 Jun 12

Did anyone else notice that after the second dive, how it was shaking itself free of water whist in flight with prey like a shaggy dog that's just come out of the water with a stick?

And after the third dive, when it eventually got hold of the trout with two talons, it looked like Bart Simpson skateboarding through the air with a wry smile to camera as it showed off...

Mr Mistoffelees 08:56 AM 06 Jun 12

"That last fish made me chuckle as at one point it looks like the bird is surfing on a "skyboard" :)"

They will always carefully hold the fish like that to minimise drag whilst flying.

cycoze 12:45 PM 06 Jun 12

Fantastic footage, thanks for sharing it.

amonra 13:07 PM 06 Jun 12

Excellent, thanks for sharing.

Aitchbee 13:53 PM 06 Jun 12

I can't watch the footage, at the moment (on dial-up)...but the evocative descriptions given are a great trailer.

ams4127 19:40 PM 06 Jun 12

You'll enjoy it when you can finally see it!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Vaio Z Canvas release date, price and specs: Another Surface Pro rival but for the US

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Adobe unveils Sketch-rival Project Comet for UX design

How to fix iOS 9 problem iPhone stuck screen, unresponsive, no swipe, frozen, can't turn off