Some people have a depth of character

Forum Editor 19:40 17 May 08

which simply takes your breath away.

click here

"Jimmy's mother Margaret urged people not to blame the family of the suspect in her son's killing.

"Anger breeds anger, and bitterness will destroy my family if I'm not careful - and I won't allow that to happen," she said."

Now there speaks someone anybody would be proud to have as a mother.

csqwared 19:50 17 May 08

"Perhaps we all need to look to ourselves and look to the values we would like and our responses to situations in our life.

With parents like these two I'm sure he would have gone on to lead a full and happy life which makes the event sadder still.

I suppose the other comment made by Mr. Mizen...

"Sometimes we might be drawn into certain ways of our living. It is our choice but change has got to come from all of us."

sums up their attitude and thoughts for the family of the accused.

lisa02 20:05 17 May 08

I had heard her say it on the news. I thought to myself she is a very brave & strong person to be able to say that.

Woolwell 20:07 17 May 08

I think that the family are committed Christians.

rdave13 20:12 17 May 08

A remarkable family. Makes you wonder how one would react to similar circumstances.

Forum Editor 21:46 17 May 08

if not impossible to say such things a week after my child had been murdered in such dreadful circumstances - not that the circumstances surrounding murder can ever be anything other than dreadful.

I've heard lots of people talking about the ability to keep oneself free of hatred, but none so movingly as this man and woman - they certainly are something special. The message they've given about our ability to choose our own path is something that should be framed and hung in every home.

Woolwell 21:51 17 May 08

Reminds me of Gordon Wilson in Northern Ireland in 1987 click here_(peace_campaigner)

Stuartli 23:21 17 May 08

I believe that Colin Parry in particular and his wife Wendy, father and mother of Tim who died as a result of the Warrington IRA bombing, displayed an equally moving reaction to the tragic loss of their son.

At his funeral, watched by the world's media, Colin made a remarkable speech: "If my son becomes a symbol of peace and gives everyone a new sense of hope after such a tragedy, then that will be Tim's unique achievement."

This is taken from a story in the Mirror earlier this year:

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…