Solar Panels "Over the top"?

Colonel Graham 11:16 AM 09 Jun 11

A neighbour has had Solar Panels fitted which entirely cover the roof tiles. I know they're good for the enviroment, but this is too much. The view from my lounge window: Solar Panels

spider9 11:30 AM 09 Jun 11

I'm sorry, but I can't understand what you are saying - do you mean the panels on his roof are in some way affecting you?

The panels are saving emissions and should be applauded, surely?

Colonel Graham 11:39 AM 09 Jun 11

It's the visual aspect I find annoying.

chub_tor 11:43 AM 09 Jun 11

And you find them more objectionable than the forest of TV aerials and satellite dishes? I could understand it if they were reflecting the sun and dazzling you but from your photo they seem no more obtrusive than blue slate tiles.

Cymro. 13:41 PM 09 Jun 11

Colonel Graham from the photo you seem to be living on a quite modern housing estate so what could be more modern than solar panels? The way things are going we will all have to put up with such things. Whats more in the future there will all sorts of power saving things like wind turbines to put up with. It seems to me that this is a case of N.I.M.B.Y. Be grateful that you are living in a nice house and that others are doing their bit to save the planet even if you and I are not.

sunnystaines 15:41 PM 09 Jun 11

its ok

peter99co 18:53 PM 09 Jun 11

Wish someone would put the same on my roof.

I get free power in my caravan with a Solar panel. I would love a free electricity in the house.

natdoor 20:41 PM 09 Jun 11

If your roof is suitable, ie with a southern aspect, of sufficient size and not obscured from sunlight, you can have panels installed for free. The company doing so will collect most of the revenue but you can use the electricity generated and collect some money too.

tullie 20:51 PM 09 Jun 11

But it does take several years to break even.

woodchip 21:36 PM 09 Jun 11

Sorry but I think if you do not want to look at them, best thing is to live in the Country. As you are not going to getaway from things like that living in in little boxes all in a row

woodchip 21:42 PM 09 Jun 11

It gets me going this kind of thing, You hear them say we want clean energy ie Windmills etc as long as its not in my back yard.

How annoying

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Black Friday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Black Friday deals & best UK Black Friday tech…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

ZAK releases more videos showing what happens if you ask other professions to work for free

20 Mac Power User Tricks... That You Didn't Know