Solar Eclipse next friday morning.

Aitchbee 12:42 14 Mar 15
Answered

click here hope it's not too cloudy.

I

Forum Editor 13:25 14 Mar 15

We won't see the total eclipse, but if the sky is clear we should get a good partial one.

bumpkin 13:57 14 Mar 15

FE, a free trip to Norway compliments of PCA for any interested members would be a nice gesture:-0

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:09 14 Mar 15

86% of total in this country hope the sun is shining and no cloud cover.

Don't forget to protect your eyes, use a strong filter sunglasses are not strong enough (welding glasses better), never look at the sun directly.

seen several partial ones and one full (India)

Next total one over Britain is 2090 I believe.

bumpkin 15:24 14 Mar 15

Next total one over Britain is 2090 I believe.

I doubt if many of us will be seeing it then. That is why you should go Norway or Faroe Islands.

Al94 15:31 14 Mar 15

93% is close enough for me

Nontek 21:25 15 Mar 15

I believe the weather on Friday morning, in most places in UK will be quite nice and sunny!!

BT 07:56 16 Mar 15

I believe the weather on Friday morning, in most places in UK will be quite nice and sunny!!

Not according to the chap on the weather forecast on Countryfile last night. He said that there may be clear skies over parts of Scotland and the far North but most of the country will probably be cloudy.

bumpkin 20:27 16 Mar 15
Answer

I bet it had our ancestors worried:-)

Aitchbee 18:59 18 Mar 15

Tomorrow's Daily Record [on sale in Scotland] will include a free pair of eclipse-viewing-spectacles ... unfortunately, the general weather forecast for friday doesn't bode well for optimum viewing alas :o[

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now