Social Services to visit Dave?

interzone55 10:05 AM 11 Jun 12

Innocent mistake I know, but if it was someone off a council estate they'd have Social Services round in no time

Forum Editor 10:17 AM 11 Jun 12

I'm not sure what your point is. You acknowledge that it was an innocent mistake, so why the thread?

woody 10:21 AM 11 Jun 12

I would have sacked all the police/security staff on the spot!

Ask -call me Dave - if a good dad thinks he or his kids are the most important.

interzone55 10:27 AM 11 Jun 12

Forum Editor

My point is that this was an innocent mistake made by busy parents (with two cars and a security team), which happens a lot.

When it's a member of the public the reaction from the social services, and sometimes the press if they get involved, is somewhat different, and the parents end up in trouble.

Aitchbee 10:51 AM 11 Jun 12

alan14 - I thought you were on about the TV Channel 'Dave', where those three unruly car vandals are let loose on the British public. ;o]

Aitchbee 11:08 AM 11 Jun 12

On this morning's BBC's radio4's Today programme, hundred's of people phoned and e-mailed in to say they had done something very it's no big shakes!...everybody can loose concentration happens.

woody 11:15 AM 11 Jun 12

"F.E." -"it was an innocent mistake"

When you hire staff you give them a job description which clearly states their responsibilities.

Busy parents would expect their security team (which costs £millions) to follow instructions.

So if they can not even count heads and be responsible for seeing kids get into a car - how can one feel they can be relied upon in a complex situation. It should have been someone's job to make sure the party/family were in the cars safely.

No ifs no buts they would be gone if they were on my payroll.

spider9 11:23 AM 11 Jun 12

The thing that crossed my mind was , what a way to go for a family lunch at the 'local'. For them not to be able to travel together as a family unit says much about a PM's job - and how it can be so removed from normality. Difficult for us to even imagine.

Give them a break, it was really no big deal, the family were known at the pub (wouldn't they be!!) and no harm would have come to the child. Fuss about nothing.

namtas 13:40 PM 11 Jun 12

"I'm not sure what your point is. You acknowledge that it was an innocent mistake, so why the thread?"

Here we have another of those cases where a post is ruined before it begins, someone posts an item which they feel worthy of discussion, the immediate response is an unjustified and totally unnecessary criticism, I wonder how many posters see these and feel twice about posting.

spuds 14:46 PM 11 Jun 12

The problem is with incidents like this, is that people in senior level politics (and other high activity employment) regard themselves as 'normal every day' people, and perhaps being one of the boy's or girl's.

But in the real world, this is most certainly not true, and these people and their families can be prime targets if and when the occasions happens or presents themselves.

The BBC report seems to suggest that no action will be taken in respect of the protection team, and how this incident occured?.

Condom 15:59 PM 11 Jun 12

From a family point of view I cannot see any problem as many of us have "misplaced" our children from time to time.

What is more worrying id the security point of view as it could well have been more serious and no one noticed. Sorry definitely not good enough.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Black Friday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Black Friday weekend deals & best UK Cyber Monday…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The best Black Friday Deals for designers and artists – updated

20 Mac Power User Tricks... That You Didn't Know