So, who will be reading this?

Al94 22:24 16 Aug 07

The much awaited memoirs seem to be on the starting blocks! click here

Kev.Ifty 22:44 16 Aug 07

"who will be reading this?"

Every Newspaper and TV journalist in Britain.

Then they will go on and on and on in the belief that ordinary people give a monkeys. lol

WhiteTruckMan 22:51 16 Aug 07

I think he ought to keep it under his hat, just like others do

click here

WTM

Forum Editor 22:59 16 Aug 07

that a huge number of 'ordinary people' will read Tony Blair's memoirs. I'm an ordinary person, and I shall certainly read them - it's one way of learning a little more about events that affected us all.

Kev.Ifty 23:11 16 Aug 07

Sorry FE, I forgot you were ordinary lol.

I must admit, being a body that grew up and prospered under Tony Blair, I too will probably be interested in his memoirs.

I'm just not looking forward to the almost certain saturation on TV and Radio etc when they do appear.

:-(

Al94 23:23 16 Aug 07

Does anyone actually think they will be a truthful reflection on reality?

Acx 23:25 16 Aug 07

I like autobiography's, but not political ones. Never quite believe them (especially modern political ones).

The Forum Editor 'an ordinary person'? (No, A minor celebrity at least).

WhiteTruckMan 23:31 16 Aug 07

will pick it apart line by line for any scandalous admissions (or ommissions) and gleefully inform the world at large of their findings, whether we want to hear them or not.

Personally I see no reason why we should put money into TB's pocket after he has spent so many years taking it out of ours.

WTM

Cymro. 11:24 17 Aug 07

I rather like political biographies and I dare say my kids will buy me this one sooner or latter, they are always stuck what to get me on my birthday, Christmas etc.

At least with such a modern biography I will be able to compare notes with the author. There may even be something that I agree with TB about.

Many such biographies go back well before my time and so I have to take the authors word for it if what he says is true or not.

bretsky 23:26 20 Aug 07

I would like to gather them all up and make a huge bonfire preferably with him at the top. He's done irreparable damage to this country, taken us into an illegal war for starters, lost count of immigrants flooding here, cash for honours, yes you name it he's cocked it up and now we have another idiot in charge, god help us all!!!

Kate B 01:06 21 Aug 07

God, you lot are mean-spirited sometimes. If you don't want to put money in Blair's pocket, don't buy the book; there's no need to sneer at it. I don't think his premiership was what he would have wanted and his record on Iraq was hugely disappointing - following Bush into that quagmire will rank I think as a massive political mistake. But turning Labour around and winning three consecutive terms is pretty impressive and should be respected, even if you're not a supporter.

I think it will be a fascinating read - I hope it will be well written, and it covers an amazing decade. I'm looking forward to reading it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now