So, was today special for you?

Forum Editor 20:19 PM 12 Dec 12
Answered

We've all lived through a unique day in calendar history - 12/12/12

The next time three date numbers align will be the first of January 3001, and no doubt there'll be a thread about it then.

All of us will be long gone, as will our children, and their children, and their children, and their children, and their children... and so on.

Quickbeam 20:40 PM 12 Dec 12

Hmmmmm...

Brumas 21:48 PM 12 Dec 12

I should imagine Father Christmas will be still around, as concerned, and still reassuring the children of the 31st century of the magic of Christmas :o}

N47. 21:50 PM 12 Dec 12

Was not 10/10/10 and 11/11/11 unique also?

We all lived through those dates.

Forum Editor 22:23 PM 12 Dec 12

N47.

"Was not 10/10/10 and 11/11/11 unique also?"

Obviously they were, but that's not the point. Today was the last time - it will not happen again for another 990 years.

Nontek 22:51 PM 12 Dec 12

At my age Every day is special!

spuds 23:48 PM 12 Dec 12

A unique day, I cannot even remember what happened yesterday, and tomorrow, I hope I can remember what I did today.

Must be an age thing?.

Quickbeam 07:51 AM 13 Dec 12

I wonder if there will be a thread about the 100+ billion global population that we didn't manage to control in the 21st century creeping further up the receding shoreline?

morddwyd 07:58 AM 13 Dec 12

"We've all lived through a unique day"

" it will not happen again for another 990 years."

Then it ain't unique!

However, Gretna Green had its busiest day ever.

Chronos the 2nd 08:40 AM 13 Dec 12

Special maybe,different yes. I spent 6 hours (return trip) on a train. Had to go to Leeds St James hospital from Edinburgh for an appointment/procedure (Video-fluoroscopy) which A: should have been carried out here in a Lothian NHS hospital and B: gave me information I should have had 3 years ago when there would have been a small chance of doing something about what is now a permanent disability.

So perhaps not special, educational most certainly. This was the first longish train journey in about 20 years and I was struck by the changes. Legroom because the seating has been altered is now minimal and I am only 5'10" overcrowding seems rife. I of course made a mistake of not reserving my seat so at any stop on the journey I could get asked to move.

There were many aspects of the day that were an eye-opener so yes I suppose it was kind of special.

Al94 09:14 AM 13 Dec 12

The next consecutive date is on 01/01/2101 not 3001

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Windows 10 review: Why the new Start menu, Edge browser, new apps and Cortana make Windows 10 the…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Lexus hoverboard film shows skater Ross McGouran doing tricks on it

iPhone 6c release date rumours and images | Expect iPhone 6c to be Apple Pay ready