So now that we've Brexited ...

Quickbeam 20:38 25 Jun 16

What happens now?

There was no business plan offered during the campaigning, and so far there is little indication of one now.

The EU wants us gone asap. Cameron has left the planning to his successor, presumably this could be a poisoned challis. The most likely successor insists that there is no hurry. That makes me think that they've been taken completely by surprise. And think a better deal to remain might be forth coming.

My gut feeling is that the EU will not in any way consider this with a major nation.

The opposition leader is coming under great pressure to be gone, presumably people are sensing a general election, and Corbyn is a dead duck opposition leader.

It's suggested that Boris or Gove have become too divisive to succeed as PM in a country that is spilt in every social group.

The possible break up of the Home Union is back on the cards with Sturgeons preparatory legislation for a Scottish Indy Ref II, and in NI, Sinn Fein have mentioned a reunification of Ireland.

It looks all set to go full on tit up to me!

sunnystaines 21:16 25 Jun 16

look further afield. swiss just cancelled their joining up, a few others want a vote like us. with the euro currency long term on its way out could the pound be a safe haven for investment once the shock has died down in a few months.

the EU establishment has now got to find a replacement for the wedge it took of us. I think after a few months things will get better, could the royal mail print a indepence day stamp to mark the vote? I should think many in eire wished they had voted out when they had the chance, same too in greece.

Quickbeam 21:25 25 Jun 16

sunnystaines

We've had 2 months of speculation and optimism. Now we need hard copy plans.

We're for out, like it or lump it, collectively we voted out. The guesswork conversation is in the past. Now we need to know where we're going to, and how to get there.

john bunyan 21:28 25 Jun 16

As one of the 16 million odd who voted to remain, it is obvious, as an EU minister said "No free lunch", and another "It will be a messy divorce"

I do not blame the Scots in wanting to remain in EU and leave the Union and , this time, I suspect they will succeed in an Indyref. This will be a major blow to our vital Defence capability, not least if Trident has to be relocated. The nightmare of a customs barrier between Scotland and England is a huge problem. Already the banks are being told they will lose their Euro passport trading licences , which will cost about £20 billion in tax losses (more than double the alleged savings in EU contributions), and banks are already looking at moving some operations to Paris, Frankfurt etc. Rolls Royce will delay or cancel investment plans, and Ryan Air have already said they would not invest here. Our civil servants are going to be overwhelmed with negotiating with EU and Indyref. The concessions Cameron got (not paying benefits to immigrants for 4 years etc) are void in view of the referendum so expect a huge increase in immigration for the next 2 years at least , never mind a reduction, as we are on 2 years notice when chapter 50 is declared.

University candidates wishing to study in EU are in a turmoil, and expats pensions have already suffered with the fall in the £.

The Mayor of Calais wants to move the Camp to Kent!

So many other major issues, too many to list. Those who voted out will live to regret it. In my humble view it is a huge disaster , as yet to be fully understood. I admit we must accept the democratic result, but I am gutted.

Belatucadrus 21:38 25 Jun 16

The EU wants us gone asap

Part true, Junker clearly wants us gone and would like to see us damaged for opposing his unified Europe scenario but Merkel swatted him down somewhat today as the Germans clearly have a more pragmatic view on what could happen to them in any tariff war. They seem to want as trauma free a separation as can be managed. They'd would much prefer that it hadn't happened but being stuck with it would rather it was handled properly than maliciously. Hopefully that view will prevail.

bumpkin 21:44 25 Jun 16

The question the remainers should be asking is why did the majority choose out. Many aspects to that question also.

Quickbeam 21:50 25 Jun 16

That's another thread bumpkin. I don't want to know about the past, I was there. I want to know what's next.

The silence is deafening compared to a general election win whereby the victors are itching to hit the ground running.

bumpkin 21:51 25 Jun 16

I don't trust governments a great deal but this is verging on paranoia, my son insisted on taking a pen to the polling station as he was unhappy with a pencil as it could be rubbed out and changed. This is not Nigeria for gods sake.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:05 25 Jun 16

So now that we've Brexited ...

Some people seem to have forgotten we live in a democracy and are demanding another vote to try and Remain in EU - keep voting and revoting until the desired outcome is finally achieved, sorry but the majority vote was to leave

EU have made it clear they want us gone ASAP so let's go and start making it work for us instead of moaning about the result.

The EU will still want to sell us things and will still want to buy our goods and services.

How about becoming an "off shore tax haven" to the EU?

Flak999 22:14 25 Jun 16

Remember the old WW2 slogan, Keep calm and carry on! There are a lot of people that are seemingly running round like headless chickens. Don't panic, nothing much has happened, we have voted to leave a failing institution which is about to impload before our eyes, that's all!

Some of you remainers need to get a backbone and pull yourselves together, we have just made the single best decision we could ever have made, we were members of this failing club for forty four years, that's all! How do you all think we managed before the advent of the EU?

Let me think, we fought two world wars and won them, we had an empire upon which the sun never set, we have defeated every foe ranged against us since William of Normandy! We don't need Europe, we don't need anyone, we can manage just fine and dandy on our own the same as we always have.

Forget all the bluster and hot air coming out of the European commission it is just that, hot air. If the French try and send the border back to Kent, we will just close the border and they will be picking all the Africans out of the sea, not us.

If Sturgeon wants to remain in that failed club let her, just wait until she realises that her membership of it will entail the jocks accepting the euro, see how they like that, and without barnett and the tanked oil price the benefits utopia that is Scotland will soon realise that they will pay a heavy price for their next referendum.

We as a nation will succeed and prosper as never before, just pull yourselves together and knuckle down.

We can do this!

Quickbeam 22:29 25 Jun 16

Great reassurance Flak999

A road map will reassure me more though.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…