So it's goodbye to a very talented but sad human

wee eddie 23:34 25 Jun 09

Michael Jackson, we'll all miss your singing but not your antics.

Autoschediastic 23:35 25 Jun 09

Yeah ive had some reports he's now dead...LEgend in many ways! what a sad Outro tho!!

Forum Editor 23:35 25 Jun 09

until the news is officially confirmed. It looks pretty certain, but just the same...

Dizzy Bob 23:51 25 Jun 09

confirmed by BBC and several newswires

dagnammit 00:04 26 Jun 09

Can we ease up on him now, since he's dead an all?

Maybe if you'd experienced the life he's had you might have been prone to a few strange antics!

Forum Editor 00:04 26 Jun 09

They're saying that Michael suffered a cardiac arrest.

al's left peg 00:33 26 Jun 09

He was a tormented soul for so many years, he will be at peace now. The music world has in my opinion lost a legend, even though I am not a big fan of his music.

Quickbeam 00:46 26 Jun 09

Just wait for the public wailing and serial mourners start pouring out their faux grief and placing wreaths of flowers outside the Albert hall or somewhere.

When Elvis died there were people that had there curtains drawn in mourning for a month or more. One woman on our estate at the time was taken to hospital suffering from a breakdown and elvis fans held vigils to support each other in there hours of heartache.

And if you thought Diana's death was big with the melodrama and public sorrow... you ain't seen nuthin' yet!

Ironically, like Elvis, his estate will make a million times more dollars than he ever did alive.

UK Sub 05:06 26 Jun 09

but I cant find it in me to care, with all the child abuse allegations, out of court payments and dangling children over the balcony etc.

i am sad for this guy, he never had a normal life. i know it was written for syd barrat but i always think of jackson when i hear shine on you crazy diamond by floyd.
i guess this is what he would have wanted, i can't imagine he wanted to grow old, he never grew up he was like peter pan.
"Why not just tell people I'm an alien from Mars. Tell them I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight. They'll believe anything you say, because you're a reporter. But if I, Michael Jackson, were to say, 'I'm an alien from Mars and I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight,' people would say, 'Oh, man, that Michael Jackson is nuts. He's cracked up. You can't believe a damn word that comes out of his mouth.'" to quote the man.

wiz-king 06:04 26 Jun 09

I wonder what the fans who have bought tickets for his London concerts at vastly inflated prices will do now?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now