So, it IS true!

TOPCAT® 10:02 23 Sep 04

Loss of your internet connection is like giving up smoking. Withdrawal symptoms are the norm. TC.

click here

sicknote 10:32 23 Sep 04

You can even escape national service in some countries

click here

TOPCAT® 12:59 23 Sep 04

I wonder how many manage to temporarily escape doing their 'national service' by using that excuse? Serving their country for a paltry six months isn't that hard to do.

Much better, I would have thought, to get it over and done with, especially as they'll be recalled in three year's time anyway. No getting away with it then, unless their medical or mental condition has taken a turn for the worse. TC.

Forum Editor 17:02 23 Sep 04

and it manifests itself as a form of anxiety. Regular users who are deprived of Internet access feel 'out of things' in some way, as if the world was passing them by. I've seen it in others, and to a degree I've experienced it when I've been working somewhere off the beaten track.

It's an odd feeling - you get used to it after a while, but for the first few days you're aware that there's something missing.

TOPCAT® 17:29 23 Sep 04

Well FE, from next Monday I will be undergoing withdrawal symptoms as I will be off-line for the duration. Going to accompany my wife that day to Harefield hospital for a heart bypass operation, I'm afraid. A long way to go from here in Cornwall but it is comforting to know she will be in extremely good hands at Harefeld.

But how am I going to survive what could be as long as ten or more days off-line? My mind will be elsewhere at the hospital but I guarantee I'll be a nervous wreck when I reach home again! I'll certainly miss the camaraderie and kindness shown in these forums, but I assure you I'll be logging in again just as soon as possible. Then I can relate how I really felt away from you all from experience. TC.

LastChip 17:45 23 Sep 04

for a speedy recovery for your wife.

If your own withdrawal symptoms get too much, you could always find a local Internet café for some relief and we will all be waiting to hear she's OK.

leo49 17:53 23 Sep 04

Same here,TC.And take care of yourself as well - Mrs TC will need you to run the ship as she convalesces after the successful operation.

CurlyWhirly 19:45 23 Sep 04

I have to admit that I too am 'hooked' to the extent that I have to log into this PCA forum on a daily basis!
I also have to say that I couldn't be without my broadband connection as this is the main reason why I spend more time online at the expense of television!

TOPCAT® 20:34 23 Sep 04

and thanks guys for your kind remarks. Going off now to search for the nearest cyber café, as I know I will have some spare time between visiting hours. TC.

It's Me 20:38 23 Sep 04

Just look after both of you.

shizzy 21:03 23 Sep 04

Neighbour had similar op at Papworth earlier in the year and doing well so all the best to you both.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…