And So It Begins

laurie53 08:51 01 Aug 08

Athletes suspended for doping

click here

Cymro. 11:41 01 Aug 08

We are going to be moidered enough with all this business in China so God help us when they hold the event in London.

Seth Haniel 12:17 01 Aug 08

would be to drug me ... their human rights is atrocious.

Gordon and our teams should boycott.

click here

earlier his week a chinese teacher was given hard labour for photographing his school destroyed by earthquake - can be held for four years without trial or evidence

Cymro. 12:57 01 Aug 08

I suppose that there is always some reason or other to boycott most Olympics. They might choose not to come to London because we have more CCTV per head of population than most countries or that our head of state is a woman who was not democratically elected to the position. We think they are hard done by but they may not thing much of our so called democracy.

laurie53 08:03 02 Aug 08

I was not commenting on the Olympics themselves, so much as the drug stories starting even before the games have opened.

johndrew 09:59 02 Aug 08

As you said, "And So It Begins"

click here

It would appear that some never learn.

Forum Editor 10:11 02 Aug 08

Most of the Chinese nationals I work with in Beijing secretly think we're very lucky to have such a degree of personal freedom, and they're fascinated by the concept of our Royal family.

Stuartli 10:57 02 Aug 08

Why should anyone not "democratically elected" to a position be inferior to one who has?

At least the Queen doesn't milk the electorate for every penny she can get away with on expenses....:-)

Forum Editor 11:02 02 Aug 08

Are you seriously suggesting that anyone who is contemplating coming to London for the 2012 Olympics is going to be deterred from doing so because we have CCTV cameras, or because the Queen wasn't democratically elected?

If you are, I'm concerned for your sense of reason.

Cymro. 11:04 02 Aug 08

I also think we are very lucky to have such a degree of personal freedom, and as for the Royal family, well I am just not a Royalist.

Cymro. 11:10 02 Aug 08

No I am not suggesting that anyone is deterred from coming to London because of our level of CCTV or because of anything to do with the Queen. I was just suggesting that our own democracy has room for improvement. So there is no need for you to be concerned for my sense of reason.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…