So, how's your memory these days....

Forum Editor 15:43 15 Mar 15

Are you as sharp as a pin, or do you find yourself forgetting things that you really should know?

We all suffer a degree of memory loss as the years roll on, but it happens to some more than others. I readily admit to forgetting names on occasion, and it can be embarrassing. I met an old client at the airport one day, and chatted to her for five minutes before her name came back to me. I think I got away with it, but I was panicking slightly. I forget the names of actors; my wife and I went to see a film recently. I was telling my daughter about it the next day, and do you think I could remember that it was Judy Dench in one of the lead parts?

I'm not alone, apparently What about you (whatever your name is)?

lotvic 17:02 15 Mar 15

Mine has got worse this last year, and it's made worse by moving house. I can't remember where some articles new place/cupboard/shelf is. Also I remember when packing (last Nov) picking up a pair of pinking shears and thinking 'I mustn't lose these'. Now I can find all the other scissors but not the damn pinking shears :/

Belatucadrus 17:47 15 Mar 15

I'm fairly sure I know who I am, beyond that everything else is up for grabs.

Doesn't help that I've never been good with names and I think I got worse after being concussed in a car accident.

Probably avast! but it could be something to do with the BIOS, or is it Forty Six ?

Who are you again ?

wee eddie 18:17 15 Mar 15

I logged into Crucial the other day but apparently they don't have any upgrades for a Seventy year old!

morddwyd 18:42 15 Mar 15

The most embarrassing memory lapse of all is when you can't remember your PIN at a checkout!

Twice today I went upstairs to do something, and twice I forgot to do it.

Most frustrating!

Nontek 21:22 15 Mar 15

Speaking purely from memory, I think I get up from a nice comfy chair, walk into another room and when I get there wonder what I am there for. Not often though, only about once or twice a day, I think.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:52 15 Mar 15

I walk upstairs, stop and think "what did I come up here for"

so walk back down -

get to the bottom and think "what did I come down here for"

and so walk back up and think......

Ah well its a good exercise regime ;0)

Another good way of forgetting things is to walk from one room to another Physiologists call it something like "threshold theory". something to do with the fact that the brain deals with threats in the local surroundings - change the surroundings by walking outside for instance and the brain dumps the short term memories of the previous location in order to concentrate on dangers posed in the new location.

mole1944 05:25 16 Mar 15

Wee Eddie same age as me,i think we need a full re-install to be honest,save your data first though.

The Old Mod 07:50 16 Mar 15

My memory is excellent and I astonish people sometimes with what I cam remember even down to conversations of 50 years ago or more, I don't know why I have such a good memory, my father also had a very good memory so perhaps it's in the genes. It can be very helpful sometimes but no always a good thing!

Quickbeam 08:23 16 Mar 15

What was the question again?

morddwyd 08:38 16 Mar 15

The worst thing is with sex, when you remember how, but not why!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…