Snooping!

tanzanitre 13:09 20 Jan 05

Ok say i was slightly suspicious of a certain persons online activity,is there such a program that i could use to monitor it? (obviously without them knowing)

Thanks.

Cook2 13:38 20 Jan 05

Providing they don't have a program to eliminate their tracks, try going to Start - Search and type in *.URL and you'll get a list. You can clcik on any one of these and you'll go to the site.

tanzanitre 13:43 20 Jan 05

Theres an internet clean up done,reason im suspicious when i done ccleaner it lists what its deleted,theres loadsa sites in there that i wasnt visiting.

Cook2 13:47 20 Jan 05

I find the same with CCleaner. You'll find quite a few duplicates of doubleclick and the like.

Cook2 13:56 20 Jan 05

I just did a test and it looks like CCleaner may not be doing it's job properly.

I deleted everything with CCleaner.

Logged onto PCAdvisor and ran CCleaner again.

Another long list appeared.

Strange.

tanzanitre 14:41 20 Jan 05

Works for me,have you all the ticks in boxes?

Neway back to question any ideas?

Thanks

tanzanitre 17:29 20 Jan 05

anyone?

tanzanitre 18:01 20 Jan 05

FE.Nice person you are :-),same as im not having much luck on this forum,could you move it to the Helproom? Would help my sanity!!

end 22:22 20 Jan 05

to do this "legally" dont u need "good reasons " for doing it? and this site is very clear on "illegal activity" and the non-promoting of same:)

we have our on-line activity scrutinised by the Admin , and we see, at long on, a screan warning us of such ; are u suspicious that someone is abusing something? and have u sent an e mail to all your employees (or contacts over which u have "juristiction ) advising them of "proper conduct" while on work PC"s?

tanzanitre 23:52 20 Jan 05

Oh no this is strictly personal use only,as in internet activity from my pc!!

end 00:06 21 Jan 05

I recall a thread on a similar "vein" a long while back ; I think you may have to install a particular program on your PC that "monitors" where other users are going and what doing ;can you give your OS etc please for the experts to give a stab at this? If I can find the other thread I"ll post a link for you.

Our computers at work are closely scrutinized for all sites we visit, and a warning has only recently been given that some people have intentionally been "misusing " hospital property by visiting "inappropriate sites" , and that they face dismissal for knowingly so doing:(

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…