Small Cars

johndrew 20:07 29 Nov 07

I`m in the market for a small town car for two people and a dog (latter does not drive); something that gives high mileage, easy to park, low maintenance and all the other associated benefits.

I am aware that Smart, Chevrolet, Citroen and Mitsubishi produce such vehicles; I`m sure there must be others. Have any of you experience in any such models with comments on the positive and negative aspects experienced. All information is welcome.

Many thanks in anticipation.

interzone55 20:12 29 Nov 07

I think the smart may be too small for anything other than a Chihuahua.

Look at the Citroen C1 / Toyota Aygo / Peugeot 107

For high mileage the C1 would be best as it has a diesel option.

octal 20:18 29 Nov 07

I've had Skoda Fabias for a few years, till 'er indoors decided she wanted an Octavia, but I was quite happy with the Fabia, the 1.9 diesel is a nice economic car.

Totally-braindead 20:21 29 Nov 07

Mates got a SMART car and its not really, smart that is, hes had loads of bother with it, he has a dog but its a terrier so its small. I don't think its suitable for a bigger dog.

g0nvs 20:57 29 Nov 07

I have a Ford KA, one of these would fit your requirements perfectly.

Fellsider 21:17 29 Nov 07

Toyota Yaris?

realist 21:24 29 Nov 07

A peugeot 107 gives you £35 ved low insurance and 60+ mpg. We have two of them.

The toyota and citroen variants offer a diesel option but the are expensive to buy and slooooow.

acein1 21:29 29 Nov 07

hyundai amica with 5 year warranty ,small car for around £6000, best thing since sliced bread

Jim Thing 23:00 29 Nov 07

I'm currently on my second Toyota Yaris and I'm well satisfied with it. It's the older model, 1.3 litres (the 1.0-litre model I had previously was a bit underpowered and noisy). I've owned it now for two years and the only niggle I have with it is that there's a slight whine from the gearbox in fifth.

GANDALF <|:-)> 00:14 30 Nov 07

'hyundai amica with 5 year warranty'...I would have to kill myself if I owned one of these.
G

Belatucadrus 00:25 30 Nov 07

When would you like it delivered ?

The Amica is getting a bit long in the tooth, if you're looking to buy new check out it's replacement, the i10 click here is due March next year and looks pretty good.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…