Slower downloads?

S5W 15:11 26 Apr 09

click here

Being choked by its success, but not for long. Perhaps wireless technology will come to the rescue.

Forum Editor 18:23 26 Apr 09

and that is a huge increase in available bandwidth. The fact that one site (YouTube) now consumes as much bandwidth as the entire internet used in 2000 says it all.

A stop-gap solution is to have a motorway internet with different speeds operating in different lanes, and Internet Service providers might find the prospect of charging sites to have their traffic sent along the fast lane very attractive.

spuds 19:59 26 Apr 09

Late last year I had many serious problems of slow speeds, disconnections etc. The ISP seemed to resolve some of the issues (after I contacted top management), and we then left each other alone fairly amicably.

Once again, I am experiences of 'throttle back', especially in the evenings. Instead of getting 'upto' 8mb as promised, I sometimes achieve 1.4mb. Neighbours using same ISP, get 'upto' 6mb on a regular basis, and for the same price and package deal.

Considering the UK government have been stating for quite some time, especially in the Blair days, that everyone will have broadband. Then I begin to wonder if and when, and at what performance, possibly not in my lifetime!.

But then I said that in the dial-up days,and when I was using Prestel ;o)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced