Skybargains.com BANKRUPT!

last starfighter 20:50 24 Jul 08

16:30 monday 21st July this company had ceased trading BUT they didnt inform my sister who has booked a THREE week holiday for her/husband & two kids + friends totaling 9 persons costing over SEVEN grand!

All that was booked was the flights & $20 deposit on the rental car via the company mentioned, My sister called the ABTA & told the woman on the phone "We have just over a week to get this sorted" as there holiday is in 9 days time,
the lady at the ABTA office said "Well think yourself lucky there is people travelling TODAY that dont have any accomodation or car at the other side booked" & they are NOT aware the company has gone under,

No one informed my sister or the other family it was just by sheer chance my sister called america to request something when they arrived there that she found out, LUCKLY my sister's holiday is still on but its cost them £1300 extra for there accomodation,WHY if ABTA was made aware has no one informed all the people..? imagine going over there & having to find out the company's folded & there's nothing but a flight back home for you...Its not good enough..

Here's the company in question
click here

octal 22:19 24 Jul 08

That's sad and a rotten thing to happen, I hope you get something sorted out OK.

Thanks for the heads up. You book through an agent thinking your booking will be safe because they are backed by ABTA and find that you are not as safe as you think you are. I haven't bothered booking through an agent this year, but booked everything direct with the respective companies both hear and America, there's no guarantee that one of them won't go under, but at least I won't have all my eggs in one basket if one of them go under.

Forum Editor 22:33 24 Jul 08

to inform people when a tour operator goes under.

last starfighter 22:44 24 Jul 08

FE thats fair enough BUT "WHY" didnt they pass it on..? they told my sisters friend they have the details BUT in due time organise them..."In due time eh" when people are traveling everyday & now its the holidays there at peak season...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…