sky tv giving me a refund

conrail 21:02 03 Feb 15

thought this might make you all smile: received a letter from sky, starting 'Dear Harry', not 'Dear Mr ', telling me I had a refund, we left sky 19 Sept 2008,letter give me a telephone number to ring to give my details, being suspicious I telephoned sky direct, not using the number given and surprise surprise, I am owed a refund so they are sending me out a cheque, after all this time dare I ask for interest?

QuizMan 22:24 03 Feb 15

conrail you must be one of the lucky ones. In my experience Sky works on the basis of "if you don't ask, you don't get"

I have had a double modicum of success with them this week. First, they up-graded my phone package (slightly) after the briefest of discussions. Secondly, I finally got a new router from them free, this being after months of wrangling. I have had the old one since Sky Broadband first launched and I was an early adopter. In both cases, I asked and I got.

conrail 20:33 04 Feb 15

thanks for comment QuizMan, I thought it was scam at first that's why I rang direct rather than the number on the letter

conrail 15:35 06 Feb 15

Refund arrived today, only 6 1/2 years late

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…