sky tv channels down

sunny staines 13:21 01 Oct 06

most sky channels "there is a technical fault with this channel polease try later"
anyone else getting this, had since friday night.

hallc 13:35 01 Oct 06

Every thing fine in sunny Newcastle

sunny staines 13:48 01 Oct 06

have you tried eurosport on 410, fox news, bravo are some of the regular ones down others are working. can flick around at the moment the wife glued to QVC.

jimv7 13:59 01 Oct 06

All ok in plymouth, try turning the box off at the mains for a few minites, then try again.

Forum Editor 14:04 01 Oct 06

Turn it off, and physically disconnect the lead coming from the dish.

Wait for three minutes (which seems like an epoch when you're standing there), then reconnect the dish lead. Turn on the Skybox and all should be well.

sunny staines 14:16 01 Oct 06

You were both spot on now working ok, strange how it only affected some channels and not other's and had a convincing error message indicating a sky HQ problem.

But great I am OK for fight club monday night on eurosport now.

egapup 14:18 01 Oct 06

looks like your box is playing up.

Cymro. 11:27 02 Oct 06

A passing thunder storm with heavy rain will put most Sky boxes out of action, but surely this is only a passing problem and soon clears. If you are having problems with just "ordinary" rain then surely there must be more to it. Sky are not going to make refunds for every passing thunderstorm, are they?

Phphred 23:57 02 Oct 06

A larger dish and a better LNB will help!

martjc 11:27 03 Oct 06

...that we didn't get anywhere near as much trouble when we all had simple ariels?

Cymro. 18:13 03 Oct 06

This is another good old days posting, as I have already said on another posting tonight they were not such good days. but I do take your point.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the 2017 Oscar-winning VFX of The Jungle Book were created

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…