Sky by Broadband

Dave_Dave 20:39 18 Jun 06

Not sure if this has been posted before.

I saw the adverts on sky then downloaded the software. (I did not read the terms and conditions) It took 6 hours to download a film. Which on an 8meg connection I thought was a little slow. Then I noticed my connection speed was slower than before. When I looked into it sky by broadband is a P2P service so not only had I downloaded a movie from sky but now my connection is being used by other people to download this movie. I then went to unistall the program which it did. Well everything apart from the p2p part and the downloaded movie. I searched and found out how to remove it all. I noticed this but I guess most people would not and soon hit isp limits.

Dave_Dave 11:52 19 Jun 06

Pattoo

I hope so. I disabled K service then edited the registry then deleted all files. My firewall has not reported it trying to connect and it is no longer running in task manager.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…