Skegness Visit recommendations

Legolas 14:07 29 Mar 09

Hi all I am off to Skeggie for a few days from next Saturday to Thursday. So before I trawl through the Internet I was wondering if any of our esteemed members could recommend any places of interest round about the area.

Brumas 14:42 29 Mar 09

If you are, as I am, a lancaster buff, this is the place for you only 17 miles away.click here

Legolas 14:57 29 Mar 09

Ah very interesting I am not a "Lancaster buff" as you are Brumas but it looks well worth a visit. Of course it will ultimately be down to my mate who I am going with as he is the driver. Still I will recommend this to him. Thanks

mole44 15:21 29 Mar 09

a look at the BBMF is a must best in the winter as during the display season you may find hanger a tad empty.I went an had the luck to have a guided tour inside the Lanc,i was beside myself with my luck.

peter99co 15:43 29 Mar 09

Donna Nook to the North and Gibraltar Point to the South. Good for beach access and Walks/Birds

laurie53 18:50 29 Mar 09

I would just like to mention that "buff", beach access and Skeggie in March are not compatible!

birdface 19:40 29 Mar 09

I have been to Skeggie lots of times but usually just for the day.[Any places of interest]I have not found any but then again I have not been looking.
I am just happy to stroll around Skeggie and Ingoldmells.It may be a bit quiet just now but Skegie itself is always busy.
You can always go shopping at Boston and pass the time counting all the tractors that hold you up on the way.
At least the weather is supposed to get better next week so hope you have a nice time.

Blackhat 23:20 29 Mar 09

Pity you are not there a week earlier, you could meet me at Anderby Creek, just a few miles from Skeggy for the opening of a new establishment,

click here.

It will be covered by local BBC as well as a live weather broadcast.

p.s. I am a senior member of the C.A.S. Anybody else with an interest is quite welcome.

Grey Goo 00:25 30 Mar 09

There is always Butlitz Camp, if it's open.

birdface 17:34 31 Mar 09

Wow I thought that you would have had a large response to this thread.
I suppose everyone goes abroad for their holidays now and don't go to Skegness any more.
I have a friend who stays in Skegness and he tells me if you go into Ingoldmells from Skegness and you turn left at the shops there is a little pub on the left hand side where you get a good meal.
Ive never been in it as I don't drive and drink not even a half pint but something to think about if you get bored.
If the winds blowing out to sea its Ok.Blowing in towards the town and it can get a bit chilly.

WhiteTruckMan 18:19 31 Mar 09

now we know what to get FE on his birthday!

WTM

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now