//some 3rd party need geo

Sites Requiring E-Mail Login

Kev.Ifty 23:15 30 Jan 05

There maybe times when one would like to access a particular site and are asked to summit one's E-Mail address. I for one, on occasion, am a little bit dubious about revealing my 'addy' to some sites and have found this site an interesting alternative.

click here

Have you used it?

Is it a good or bad thing?

Kev.

Dennis Goycoolea 23:46 30 Jan 05

Used it? I contribute new logins to it. :)

It's quicker if you install the bugmenot extension for Firefox: click here

But if you do have a problem using bugmenot, you could always provide a mailinator.com email address, or sign up for a deadspam.com email address. I know there are many other sites offering the same, I mention these because they're the ones I use.

Dennis

Talented Monkey 01:29 31 Jan 05

Not many people use thier full quota of free email address that comes with the ISP account. Simply create a email address specificly for registering and login, somthing like [email protected], but what you put is up to you! doing it this way, your regular mail is protected, and if you do acuumulate too much spam siply delete the mail account and create a new one.

Forum Editor 07:05 31 Jan 05

to anyone thinking of adding their PCA login to the bugmenot database..........

We search the bugmenot list regularly, and we delete any PCA registrations we find there.

GANDALF <|:-)> 08:19 31 Jan 05

I just use my ordinary email adress...this is really OTT. The sites are free and a little support would help them. They are also extremely useful sites, anyone care to cast their mind back pre-computers, on trudging to the reference library in all weathers.

Stop trying to cripple the net and start contributing to it's free resource instead of just taking. Email addresses, like addresses on the electoral roll, are not that important to get too worried about, there are much more important things in life.

G

CurlyWhirly 19:52 31 Jan 05

We search the bugmenot list regularly, and we delete any PCA registrations we find there.

Why is this FE?

CurlyWhirly 19:54 31 Jan 05

p.s. now I see!
It is to stop someone else logging in or your user account i.e. it is related to security!

R4 20:10 31 Jan 05

I see no reason not to use my email address if I wish to peruse the site.

Danoh 02:59 01 Feb 05

Ever since a previous email address of mine was rendered unuseable by truck loads of SPAM, I have always used one of several dispensible web email addresses and logins (E.g. Hotmail), only.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…