Site error when attempting to reply

john bunyan 13 Jun 12
Answered

I tried to post a reply to a thread, but got a message: "Site Error". Happened twice. Anyone else having problems?

barmybuckle 13 Jun 12

test reply

barmybuckle 13 Jun 12

Looks like it's working now.

spuds 13 Jun 12

It will settle down, the Webmaster as been informed by internal email!.

john bunyan 13 Jun 12

test reply

john bunyan 13 Jun 12

Spuds _ Quite Right (Don't panic Mr Mannering) Interesting to know what happened though.

Forum Editor 13 Jun 12
Answer

It's a server glitch - it happens, often when the site is under a heavy load. Nothing to worry about, and as you've discovered, it soon rights itself.

john bunyan 13 Jun 12

FE Thanks. I thought that it was at my end as others seemed able to post.

Forum Editor 13 Jun 12

If it's any consolation it happens to me, and it's been happening more often over the past few days, when I've been accessing the site via my iPad in Southern France. One of those things, but I know it can be a worry if you're not sure whether it's at your end or not.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

Microsoft claims its new VR lens system is better than Oculus Rift's

Apple Music preview: Why Spotify should be scared of Apple's impressive new music-streaming service

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message