silliest explanation of by election loss

gengiscant 20:30 24 May 08

The daughter of a very competent politician,looking to get elected,on being asked why she had been slaughtered explained,the global difficulties over oil,food etc meant that ordinary folk had not taken the long term view,and that Gordon would see us through.
No mention of the fact that the same Gordon had shafted the lowest paid to pay for tax cuts.

I am just a single low paid guy,not receiving any compensation,long live the black economy.

peter99co 20:47 24 May 08

Stifle the Transport System with high fuel costs and Business will suffer. Taxes on fuel will cripple any growth and recession will begin to bite.

Is this too simple a view.

We need action now!

al7478 21:08 24 May 08

My dog ate loads of the ballot papers. Yeah, its Rugby what lost it.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 23:29 24 May 08

Only one reason for losing an election.

got less votes than the other parties.

CurlyWhirly 22:06 25 May 08

"Taxes on fuel will cripple any growth and recession will begin to bite."

-------------------------------------------------------
Also recently Shire Pharmaceuticals and a few other companies have moved to Ireland as corporation tax is lower over there.

I think the reason is that the government wanted to tax companies on some of their foreign earnings (or something like that)

This government can't go on spending beyond it's means and, with the rising cost of living, people have now objected to the growing tax burden hence the poor by-election and local election results.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…