this 'sick' practice must be stopped

Seth Haniel 11:56 25 Jun 10

click here

A motorist had her car was clamped while she was still at the wheel.
Jessie Martin pulled into the car park to make a U-turn - but two vans from a clamping firm pulled in to block her exit.

HondaMan 12:01 25 Jun 10

I wish them luck.. She could argue that it was obtaining money by menaces - I would.

Cymro. 12:10 25 Jun 10

Well lets just hope that this new government will do something about such things,
no I an not holding my breath either!

interzone55 12:27 25 Jun 10

The law is already on her side, the clampers have to provide proof they she was parked up and had been there for some time without a valid parking ticket.

As HondaMan said, this is obtaining money with menaces.

Having said that, I'd like to see this story as reported by a less reactionary right wing tabloid...

QuizMan 12:31 25 Jun 10

I always read these type of stories with a degree of scepticism. I often wonder if the "victims" have any ulterior motive, for example by selling their story.

However, reading the comments from the clamping company manager, I think we can deduce the type of firm that he runs.

ronalddonald 13:12 25 Jun 10

I wonder what would happen if we went and clamped the clamper's instead and intimated them, and charged them to remove the clamp can we do that it would be great if could.

GANDALF <|:-)> 13:12 25 Jun 10

You have only heard her side of the story.

G

GANDALF <|:-)> 13:13 25 Jun 10

'I think we can deduce the type of firm that he runs'....errrrmmm, he is not likely to say 'we love not clamping people so we do not make any money', is he?

G

ronalddonald 13:15 25 Jun 10

the lady in question should of said i being threatened by the men and their being very violent shouting at me, etc when she called the police. They would have a leg to stand on.

interzone55 16:36 25 Jun 10

I've no idea if the Echo is a "ring wing tabloid" or not but the Daily Mail definitely is.

We've still only got one side of this story, and I'm not going to believe this is the whole truth until I see some corroboration.

There's far too many stories like this in the papers that only present one side, it's lazy journalism, all they have to do is take a phone call from a distressed member of the public, type it up claiming to have tried to contact the assailants and print it.

interzone55 20:39 25 Jun 10

You haven't grasped my point, I'm talking about lazy journalism. All these websites still only present one side of the story, and most seem to be taken from the same source.

No matter what the rights & wrongs are here, we've only got this woman's story.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac