Should we fear fluoride in water?

Seth Haniel 10:13 24 Sep 08

click here

A fierce debate is under way in Hampshire over whether to put fluoride in tap water for about 200,000 residents in and around Southampton.

But Ann Richards, a member of Hampshire Against Fluoridation, strongly disagrees.

The group is drawing up petitions, leaflets and DVDs to distribute to people in and around Southampton arguing against the change.

'Nasty poison'

Mrs Richards said, as well as fluorosis in children, evidence showed fluoride in water could lead to irritable bowel syndrome, rashes and nausea among some people.

"There are a lot of very angry people out there.

"The authorities that put it in the water have no control over the dose that people get," she said.

"There has been no examination of the population to determine what it is doing. It is a vicious nasty poison and it's one that accumulates in the body."
----------------

Maybe the government will put melamine in our milk next :(

DrScott 10:22 24 Sep 08

No.

Unless the public really do want to start spending even more money on dental appointments.

Seth Haniel 10:36 24 Sep 08

so 90% of the country so far havn't got flouride in their water - and they are trying to up the odds to 30% of the country.

These 90% havn't been affected so far by flouride

When a simple search reveals there are more 'againsts' than 'fors'

I'm in a strong Flouride area and some days a cup of tea is undrinkable

Did you know that for years fluoride was classified as a toxic waste in this country? In fact, not too long ago its only approved uses were as an insecticide and a RAT POISON!
And that's just how your body treats it - as a poison.
click here
Plenty of studies have been done over the years - and the results are frightening. Fluoridation has been linked to immune system alteration, musculoskeletal harm, genetic damage, thyroid dysfunction, and even cancer.

-------------
Think before you drink!!

GANDALF <|:-)> 10:58 24 Sep 08

'only approved uses were as an insecticide and a RAT POISON!'...so is Wafarin click here you need to braoden your mind and shed your prejudices somewhat.

G

DANZIG 11:04 24 Sep 08

I'm scared of too much already!

DrScott 11:05 24 Sep 08

MMR makes you autistic too.

I believe that whilst 10% of the water is fluoridated, this makes up considerably more than 10% of the population. London, for example, makes up over a fifth of the entire country's population.

I find it very hard to buy into such hysteria.

Seth Haniel 11:16 24 Sep 08

"Wafarin" a drug -soon complain if that was added to your drinking water supply :(

time to broaden your mind and look at all the other effects that studies have proven

you pick on one thing - Ok Rat Poision it is Drug used for thining blood so perfectly ok to put in your drinking water - -That is what your answer says -

I don't think many will agree with you !!!

jakimo 11:19 24 Sep 08

Just a bit more scaremongering,We have had fluoride in our water supply for the last 25 years with no ill effect,and according to my dentist the need of fillings over the years has dropped dramatically

Pine Man 12:07 24 Sep 08

So a bit of 'googling' makes you an expert?

I'll stick with the real experts thanks.

carver 12:17 24 Sep 08

Apparently

It's also been directly linked to several deaths of toddlers and the parents have been paid compensation, but back to fluoride.

Is it safe? you only have to google it to find numurous links to death caused by it.

click here

click here

carver 12:17 24 Sep 08

Apparently

It's also been directly linked to several deaths of toddlers and the parents have been paid compensation, but back to fluoride.

Is it safe? you only have to google it to find numurous links to death caused by it.

click here

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…