Shootings in Cumbria

Al94 13:21 02 Jun 10

This looks like a very tragic dangerous situation. Wonder if the perpetrator will be found dead also.

birdface 13:33 02 Jun 10

Maybe a click here will help.

birdface 13:34 02 Jun 10

Oops found it it was not hard to find.

click here

michaelw 13:35 02 Jun 10

Latest reports say 11 people have been shot, with possibly 3 fatalities.

Al94 14:31 02 Jun 10

Looks like they may have found him click here

Devil Fish 22:20 02 Jun 10

troubling times in deed for cumbria today was was also the funeral of a local girl killed in a well publisized coach crash in the area that claimed two other teenage lives as well

my thoughts and prayers go out to all those affected by these terrible tragedies

Chegs ®™ 22:54 02 Jun 10

Birdy was a friend of mine.I live in Whitehaven and this was the scariest situation I've ever had to deal with.I knew several of the victims too & can only offer my deepest condolences to everyone affected by this incident.

Forum Editor 23:24 02 Jun 10

It all looks and sounds quite appalling, and I can well imagine that you must feel totally at sea. No doubt more information will trickle out over the next few days; in the meantime you have our sympathy.

Quickbeam 01:11 03 Jun 10

There is an unreal similarity to the Dunblane shooting that happened just after Labour came to power in '97.

To do this sort of thing when things in life don't go as you want smacks of the ultimate in selfishness to me.

bri-an 02:27 03 Jun 10

13th March 1996.

Tories still in power, I believe (although I fail to see any link with any political party over the Dunblane shootings).

Forum Editor 07:29 03 Jun 10

You have to remember that someone who embarks on a killing spree like this is no longer thinking in any kind of a rational sense - selfishness doesn't come into it.

It's beginning to look as if the incident may have been triggered by a dispute over a will, or a row with fellow taxi drivers over work. It's difficult to imagine how such things could tip a person over the edge into multiple and indiscriminate murders, but it happens.

The real horror of it is in the indiscriminate nature of the shootings, or at least most of them - it seems that this man killed his brother, the family solicitor, and a fellow taxi driver before setting off to shoot people at random. The thought of people being shot on the streets as they went about their daily routines is horrendous.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…