shooting oneself in the foot ..............

Seth Haniel 10:41 27 Aug 08

click here

THE Mail has been banned from taking pictures of Hartlepool United matches at Victoria Park for not signing a commercial agreement with the club.

We have a long-standing tradition of bringing fans and our readers the best possible coverage of matches from the "Town's Club" - the words which are Pools' motto.

Today we bring you pictures of last night's stunning win over West Bromwich Albion courtesy of another media organisation that heard about our plight and agreed to supply our readers with images from the game.

Maybe they'll stop supporters going to the game next ;)

Noldi 11:17 27 Aug 08

"Maybe they'll stop supporters going to the game next ;)"

Which one?

Noldi

spuds 13:02 27 Aug 08

All to do with finance and copyrights I suppose.

A number of years ago, our local football team or should I say the manager banned certain reporters from the ground "Because they were not showing favouritism towards the club". In my books, if the team and manager are rubbish, why not publish the facts, especially if the supporters agree as well.

Seth Haniel 13:10 27 Aug 08

When the Monkey mascot got more publicity than the team - oe monkey mascot got barred from som teams for attacking their mascots - then the next Monkey got to be mayor ;)

Bapou 17:14 27 Aug 08

It's not that long ago when the Hartlepool Mail would probably be the only newspaper represented by a photographer or a reporter. More likely a reporter did both jobs.

In the last few seasons 'Pool have had more success than endlessly surviving the drop into non league each year.

Managements have very short memories.

version8 17:44 27 Aug 08

Do Hartlepool United have that many fans?

Seth Haniel 09:08 29 Aug 08

2008/08/09 Hartlepool 4 - 2 Colchester Crowd 3831

2008/08/23 Hartlepool 0 - 1 Stockport Crowd 3945

click here

looks like around 4000 ;)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…