Shiny Magazine

David Brooker 13:41 PM 28 Apr 12

I found that the latest issue of the PC Advisor magazine has a back cover that is so shiny it keeps slipping off my lap while I am reading it in my archair! It is so shiny that I amtempted to take a rasp to it in order to roughen it up enough to stop it sliding. Has anyone else notcied this? David Brooker

Aitchbee 14:06 PM 28 Apr 12

A pair of rubberized trousers might help ;0]

lotvic 14:07 PM 28 Apr 12

Maybe it's turning into a glossy magazine starting with the back page :)

Forum Editor 14:25 PM 28 Apr 12

We like shiny things at PCA.

Forum Editor 14:27 PM 28 Apr 12

lotvic

Give us some credit - we're not cheapskates, the front cover is glossy, too. We ran it through the 'slipping-off-lapometer', and it passed with flying colours.

WhiteTruckMan 15:04 PM 28 Apr 12

This has set me wondering. How enviromentally friendly is this? Can shiny paper be easily recycled?

WTM

Bingalau 15:07 PM 28 Apr 12

David. If you raise your knees up a little, you will create a better angle and if you raise them up enough, the magazine will only slide as far as your lap. The exercise will do you good too.

wiz-king 16:41 PM 28 Apr 12

WhiteTruckMan Yes and no. It contains a lot of china clay and can only be pulped if mixed with ordinary paper (it is also almost water and fireproof so if you shred it and use it as hamster bedding you wont have to worry if your pet smokes in bed).

morddwyd 17:07 PM 28 Apr 12

It may be shiny but it stinks!

Not sure if it's the packaging, the disc or the mag, but something in the garden is definitely not lovely!

Forum Editor 18:05 PM 28 Apr 12

morddwyd

I'm sniffing my copy as I type, and it smells...of paper. Nothing more, and it's not unpleasant as far as I'm concerned.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:34 PM 28 Apr 12

No smell here either.

Mine only slipped off my lap during my afternoon snooze - knew that new comfy office chair was a good idea :0)

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

OnePlus 2 UK release date, price, specification: OP2 confirmed in VR product launch - full OnePlus…

Why Vodafone’s frequency choice should interest you: The benefits of 800MHz

Motoman robots: from killing The Terminator to samurai swordmanship

Why Apple's being criticised for everything, even the good things