The Shard - Rich persons toy!

Nontek 18:32 05 Jul 12
Answered

Only £25 to visit the public viewing gallery!

Forum Editor 18:43 05 Jul 12

Why does that make the building a 'rich persons toy'?

Nontek 18:52 05 Jul 12

Well I for one, could never afford £25 just to look at a view of London - great city that it no doubt is.

octal 19:02 05 Jul 12

Not so much the cost of going up there as a tourist, but an apartment costing a cool £20 million I think it qualifies it as a rich persons toy.

I think the cost of visiting is in line with a lot of the other London attractions, like the London Eye.

Aitchbee 19:10 05 Jul 12

I wouldn't like to be a (Shard) postman...if the lifts broke down ;0]

Nontek 19:16 05 Jul 12

The Window Cleaners have a job for life though!

Aitchbee 19:38 05 Jul 12
Answer

...I would like to see a 'Shard' flat 'come up' on BBC's 'Homes Under The Hammer.

Auctioneer starts the bidding..."Can I see 20 million....?"

Nontek 19:46 05 Jul 12

click here

More views on Facebook!

morddwyd 20:06 05 Jul 12

At least it can be used to its full potential, if you have the money.

A penthouse flat in London wouldn't do for me, but there are many who would dream of such, I suspect the FE might be one!

On the other hand, a Ferrari, or perhaps a Lambo can only be used to its full potential in one country in Europe (possibly in the world) and in the UK they really are rich persons' toys.

Forum Editor 00:23 06 Jul 12

"A penthouse flat in London wouldn't do for me, but there are many who would dream of such, I suspect the FE might be one!"

I can think of nothing I would like less. I'm a country boy, born and bred - I only moved to London years ago because that's where the work was. London is convenient for all kinds of things, and after many years I have to admit that I've come to love the character of the place, and the people who live here.

Nevertheless, my heart is in the country, and the thought of living high up in a skyscraper is not at all appealing. I like to look out of a window and see a garden around me.

The Shard is an amazing building - I pass it often, and there was a pretty spectacular laser and light show there this evening. You could see the lasers from miles away.

morddwyd 07:40 06 Jul 12

My mistake!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…